Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The best Broccoli Salad ever, and I do mean ever!

This is a super easy recipe, and it is go very good. My mom made this a few years ago at Christmas time. This soon became the most requested dish from my sister-in-law Shannon, and myself for that meal every year.

This is such a crowd pleaser. I use it every time I plan a shower that has a meal being served.....Oh, did I mention the fact that I love planning things...showers of all kinds are included in that mix.

Everyone request this recipe every time I serve it. I Hope you enjoy this little dish, it's great on a hot summer day.



Broccoli Salad


You will need:

2 bunches fresh broccoli
1 small onion, chopped
1 pound of bacon, cut in pieces and cooked
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sugar
1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

The how-to:

Cook the bacon until crisp, drain and crumble into small pieces. Us the whole pound of bacon, sorry if you are health conscious, this is the good stuff. Next, cut the broccoli crowns from the stalks. Mix onion, cooked bacon pieces, pecans in a serving bowl.

Mix the dressing. Mix Mayonnaise (not miracle whip, that is just nasty stuff), sugar and vinegar. Stir well. I use a whir whisk for the mixing.

Pour dressing over broccoli crowns just before serving. Serve on lettuce leaves and garnish with tomato wedges if desires.

For broccoli to remain crisp, eat within an hour of mixing dressing on broccoli. Dressing will last several days if refrigerated. This makes this easy to make ahead of time and transport to any location at a later date.

When I make this for a crowd of people, I usually triple or quadrupole this recipe. You will have to decide how much you will need and plan accordingly. But I warn you, this salad goes fast, so make sure you plan on some people accidentally taking more than a single serving on their plate!

Just in case you would like to look at some bridal shower pictures, below are from the shower I gave my niece, Samina. This was such a fun event to plan, especially planning the food part of event.

Here are the food tables:

I set up buffet style tables for the food


You will have to overlook the cloth covering the sandwiches, I forgot to remove the cloth before I took the pictures.



Yum....dessert table


Tables - a closeup





Oh,this is a great idea to have a single flower floating in a simple bar glass, you can group a cluster of these in the center of the table for a dramatic but simple effect.

Well, enough of that. Try this great salad. You won't be sorry.

1 comment:

  1. The tables you look yummy! You have an eye for this type of stuff. Me, I just do the food, someone else must decorate. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...