Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Halloween

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a really good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week. Lastly, if you link in, LINK back to my blog, so everyone can see all of the vintage goodies on display that day. If you don't link back here, they won't know who to visit......thanks so much.

This is my cute little Halloween Lamp that I have fond memories of as a child. This was my mom's and I talked her out of it a few years ago. I think it dates back to the late 60's or early 70's.

I can remember thinking what a scary looking skull head and why was the cat standing on it? ~ funny how you look at things differently as an adult.

This is a cute pumpkin I purchased about 21 years ago. It is made out of an old quilt scrap. You can even see a little bit of old rust spots on the fabric. I really like this little pumpkin and use it every year.

Here is a shot of two of the pumpkins. I usually leave these out all the way up until Thanksgiving. I think they are a cheery pair.

Hard to believe Halloween is next week and then November already! I don't know what has happened to this year....just gone!! Too  Quick!!!

Be sure to click back to the post earlier this week and vote for your favorite quilt made from ugly fabrics in the In The Bag Ugly Fabric Quilt Challenge. Thanks so much!!






7 comments:

  1. You have some beautiful pumpkins and I think you can have them forever! I have just fresh ones, there are none in any other material around here. Thank you for hosting yet, another great party, sweet lady. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought JackOLanterns with skeltons were scary...still do. But I really like the old quilt pumpkins and have a few as well. Also some made from plaids and chenile. Now those are cute and I too put them out every year and add a cute fabric pilgrim couple and a cotton stuffed turkey for thanksgiving.

    Thanks for hosting yet another great VTT...Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the quilted pumpkins! How cute! I don't do halloween, but I love fall things and the pumpkins are fabulous!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing old quilts made into things and these pumpkins are perfect! I enjoy all the vintage items shown at this party. Hope to join in again soon!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne, love the pumpkins made from old quilts, and now the quilts are 21 years older still. Thanks for hosting.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the old blow molds. Thanks for being an awesome hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quilted pumpkin! So charming! The holidays are always so much fun for decorating!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...