Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Red, White and Blue

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday

If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a really good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week. Lastly, if you link in, LINK back to my blog, so everyone can see all of the vintage goodies on display that day. If you don't link back here, they won't know who to visit......thanks so much.

Since it is a huge holiday this week here in the United States, I decided to keep with the red, white and blue theme, and show what FEW red, white and blue items I found here at home. I really do not have too many things that fall into the patriotic category. Do you think that means I am not patriotic? Hopefully, not....I am going to say it just means I have not found too many things that "speak to me" in those colors.

I do have lots of vintage buttons. And well, because I have nothing else better to do with my time, I arranged these in a shape of the flag. Very Fourth of July looking I think. I love all of these buttons, and I was lucky enough to find the star button in my stash.

Here is a darling little Sunbonnet Sue dish towel. I purchased her at the Canton Trade Days last month. She was stained and so was the towel, so I got this for a bargain of .50 cents. She washed up just fine and serves well today with the patriotic theme.

You know, sometimes I almost feel guilty paying such a low price for a stained towel or tablecloth, knowing full well I am going to get these items looking good as new and spending little money......key word there....almost. Should I feel bad?

Here is a great vintage platter. I got this locally at the flea market. I think I paid about $3.00 for this platter. I liked the border around the edges of the plate.

This is the marking on the back of the platter. This is the only markings.

Well, that is about all I found....I told you I did not find too much. Oh, the cute little red and white tablecloth was an estate sale find too, and it just screams the words picnic to me. I love the red and white in this tablecloth, reminds me of the blue one my mom had when we were little.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed these red, white and blue treasures. We may be seeing lots of patriotic colors today, since the 4th is so close, so if you are visiting from somewhere else in the world, just bear with us.....we tend to like our patriotic colors...well, some of us that is....I really can not speak for myself....ahem........ But hey, I am a big fan of vintage red.....alone....just the red!





8 comments:

  1. Everything patriotic is so pretty. I specially love the platter, it's lovely and perfect for the July fourth! Have a terrific weekend holiday.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your red white and blue button flag!! Have a safe and happy 4th Suzanne.

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne, thanks for hosting. Love your platter and vignette.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet button flag, great idea. I may have to be a copycat if it's okay. Sun Bonnet Sue is adorable too. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne,
    Thanks so much for hosting!! Wishing you a Happy July 4th!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so funny that you shared a picture of a Sunbonnet Sue. My link this week is to a post showing some of the quilt I've made, and one is a Sunbonnet Sue quilt. I love your platter, gorgeous. Happy 4th! -Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the buttons! Found this GREAT bed website and thought I would share with you-
    http://www.cathousebeds.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that little button flag, it's adorable!
    Happy weekend, hope your holiday was a great one!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...