Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Garden Touches


Welcome to this weeks segment of Vintage Thingies Thursday. Thursday is the day to showcase your vintage treasures and to share your special things with everyone. If you are visiting and would like to join us, please do. It is very easy!
To participate, all you have to do is:

* * * * Please everyone, follow these guidelines!

(1) do a post about something vintage.
(2) Visit all the participates and leave a comment.
(3) Link in with the link at the bottom of this post, please use a perma-link to link in with, that way, anyone can refer back to your post if they can not get to it on Thursday.
(4) Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, and if you like include the VTT button in your post. Please be sure to have your post up before linking in.

I don't know about you, but it is hard to believe JULY is already here! Summer might as well be over as far as the retail world is concerned! Some of the local nurseries area already have a clearance on  their plants and flowers. 


I love to use some of my vintage treasures in my gardens among the flowers! I love old buckets and I have a whole border on one flower bed that is nothing  but vintage plates.


Morning Glories on an old water pump! These should be blooming any day.....I love morning glories!


Sap buckets make a good planter for inpatients. I plant inpatients every year, and my husband says the never make it through the summer. Well, it is JULY and these still look really good. I am sure the milder temperatures and lots of rain is the result.

It is hard to tell, but this is an OLD fence gate. I rescued it from a trash pile in front of someone's house a few years ago. It make a fantastic trellis for my cucumbers!

What about you? Do you enjoy vintage touches in your outdoor gardens? Hope you have a very happy VINTAGE THINGIE THURSDAY!





12 comments:

  1. Thank you Suzanne for Vintage Thingie Thursday. I was writing about my parents but included a few of their vintage treasures.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gardener after my own heart...you are! Love all of your vintage planters, and plates for a border....brilliant. I'm always on the lookout for junk to plant in or on like your fence. I've really enjoyed gardening this year with the rain we have had and the lifting of restricted watering. Thank you Texas Mother Nature, and thank YOU for Vintage Thingy Thursdays. I'm glad to be back!
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for such a great party each week!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne, you share some great vintage! Your yard is very lovely. I am cracking up about Betty and Benny! My husband is always looking at the photos you share on Face Book with a goofy grin! He spent all his summers on the farm at his grandparents. Always good to see you here. Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, use vintage pots and whatnot to plant things in. I have a whole selection of vintage enamel pots that I like to use as planters!! And just last week I dropped one of my daily used vintage plates and it cracked perfectly in half and I thought about your use of plates as a border so instead of throwing the plate in the garbage, I kept it, so I can make a border someday too.

    ReplyDelete

  6. I just did a post last week about my face planters in my flower beds. I just love working in flowers.
    The old galvanized buckets always look good I have a few of them outside also.
    I like seeing how others arrange there flower beds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pump! I love morning glories, but can not seem to control them, they take over my other plants and strangle them. But I do love the morning blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I'm new here--linked up my garden with repurposed finds, seems we were thinking alike :) Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. No link party today...hope things are ok with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzanne, I'm trying to get back to blogging now that I am retired. I know we've kept up on FB. Hope 2015 so far is giving you the joy you deserve. What's up with the VTT these days?

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...