Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year......Welcome Twenty-fifteen


Happy New Year!! The first day of a brand new year.......what will be different? What will be the same? How do you feel about that? What can you do to make things in your life better? Lots of questions spinning in my head the dawn of this day.


I find myself with lots of questions about these things on the beginning of a whole new year. It occurred to me that many years I have faced the prospect of a new year and hopeful some things will be different. However, when it is time to see the year out, I discover that as so many times before, things are still the same. Nothing has changed at all. Then, I play the blame game...and the only one responsible for that was myself.

Twenty-fourteen was not one of the best years in the record books, but it certainly was not the worst one either. There was lots of sadness and a huge share of unrest during the past year. That is normal on the grand scheme of things, but when looking back over the year and there are stand out moments that pierce your soul....sometimes, like it or not, there has to be a common factor for those types of stand out memories, good or bad.


Twenty-fourteen did however, have some wonderful, joyful and totally unexpected stand out moments for me as well. It's the little things that surprisingly enough make the largest impact on your day. I found that very thing this past year when a young rooster wandered into the field behind my house. A rooster of all things. I never liked birds, never wanted chickens, never had an interest in them at all, and never, and I mean never had a desire for fresh eggs. That one little rooster wrapped his feathers around my heart and I found myself to be a backyard chicken keeper. I have never looked back." The Chicken Resort" was born....I have shared a lot of this journey on facebook, but will share more here on my blog this next year. The lesson for me was don't over look the little things, because those are the things that become big things. I can attest to that..joy was surely found in my back yard and I would never have imagined it to be so. The Chicken Resort is really a stand out moment and was certainly unexpected.

Twenty-fifteen is here.....the dawn of a new year. This year I have adopted two words that I will most definitely apply to my life throughout the year. The last part of twenty-fourteen opened my eyes to a lot of things and one of them was the fact I can not keep holding on to things that do not bring happiness or make my life better.  I have held on to many things for far too many years in the hopes of all of this will make my life happier, better, or complete. I have learned finally, that just is not the case. It is now time to let go of it all. It is time to focus on what I need to do to get where I want to end up. It may very well mean changing how I think, feel or react to things things, but letting go of all the negativity that surrounds an unrealistic way of thinking should be a positive start in the right direction.



"Letting go" will certainly be the running anthem for the new year in every aspect of my life. I have decided that by doing that....I will be freeing myself from facing a new year with the same unrealistic hope that things will just change on their own. If change is to come, I have to make the changes. It will be like a breath of fresh air. Hanging on to things...and I have lots of things is first and foremost in the letting go part of my new year. Hanging on to unrealistic ideals and opinions of people in my life will go as well. If they don't bring joy or appreciate the joy I try to bring to the relationships, then they will be let go of as well or the very least scaled down.


I am hopeful for a new year that the right changes will have the most impact  in my life. For me, I get stuck in a rut and wait for someone, something to make it better. I have not lived up to my potential for several years and for the first time in my life, I see what has, or what I have allowed to hold me back. I am going to "Let Go" of all of those things, and I am looking ahead at Twenty-fifteen with a heart wide open for what is to come.

Blogging friends...I am back! Thank you one and all who certainly impacted my life during December in a huge way. You truly, TRULY have no idea of the impact you made on my heart and thoughts in the last couple of weeks. I am forever thankful for my wonderful friends from afar! My heart sisters!!

Now....stop and think about what your words will be for the New Year....no resolutions...just actions!!   Letting Go!!


17 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Suzanne to you and yours! The Chicken Resort is looking lovely. A true blessing as egg prices are going to go thru the roof! I need to think about my 2015 word(s). 2014 was tough at the end for me with the job loss. It is hard to find work at my age. Prayers always welcome. Hugs to you and yours and I like the letting go! I need to too! Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to see you back and embracing 'Letting Go'...You Go Girl! Looking forward to having you back in Blogland. Happy New Year!
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see you back!!! In spite of several wonderful things in 2014 - it was one of the worst years for me. After starting off with two new grandchildren - by November I had spiraled lower than I thought I could go. Letting go - boy that is what I need to do. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!! Great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so good to see you back here blogging. You've been missed. I just love your chicken resort. I'll have to tell my daughter about it. She has always wanted to raise a few chickens.

    I like your idea about letting go. It's something I have to learn to. I also have to push myself a bit more to get out and about. I've been letting myself get too housebound. So these are two thing for me to work on in this new year.

    I hope the new year brings you much peace and happiness. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand, but glad you are back. No doubt, lots of others feel the same way. Things just have to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, dear one, and Happy New Year! May this year be full of sweet joy and many blessings. Thinking of you.... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad to see you return. Being creative, for you, isn't something you do, its who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! Life is full of surprises and the little rooster certainly proved that! The Chicken resort is beautiful and I can't wait to see it more in 2015.
    Take care and Let go. Hugs Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute chicken resort! Loved the rooster story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Colorado Lady...so glad to see you are back...
    My two words that I chose for 2015...GOD & ACCEPTANCE...so far, they are so working for me. I tend to stress over things that really can't be changed so praying to GOD and accepting things as they are is what I want for myself this year.
    I haven't read your past posts ....yet....:) are you still going to host Vintage Thingy Thurs.?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back & happy 2015! May 2015 be a wonderful year for you & your family. One of my favorite Mary Englebreit artworks is a young girl striding with purpose with a suitcase behind her open & contents flying. The words are LET GO. GO ON. Also, the saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery; today is a gift & that's why it's called the present. Every day is a gift, though many times it does not feel like one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad to see you back!! I have slacked off on blogging the last several years but when I came by last fall to participate in VTT, I was saddened to see the turn of events at your place. I am glad things seem to be moving in a better direction. That chicken resort is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you are back online and recovering from the storm, I'm so glad you can look at December and smile and that you have a powerful and fresh outlook for 2015. I'm working n getting my blog back up to speed too, but I was so happy to see a 2015 post on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope 2015 brings you everything you wish for. Welcome back to blogland...you were missed.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...