Welcome to this weeks segment of Vintage Thingies Thursday. Thursday is the day to showcase your vintage treasures and to share your special things with everyone. If you are visiting and would like to join us, please do. It is very easy!
To participate, all you have to do is:
* * * * * * * Please everyone, follow these guidelines!
(1) do a post about something vintage.
(2) Visit all the participates and leave a comment.
(3) Link in with the link at the bottom of this post, please use a perma-link to link in with, that way, anyone can refer back to your post if they can not get to it on Thursday.
(4) Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, and if you like include the VTT button in your post. Please be sure to have your post up before linking in.
I am sure at some point, I have mentioned the fact that I collect black bears....and have a room dedicated to all my bears. I have some brown bears, but I really love the black bears. I thought I'd show you a few of my bear treasures.
I found this great metal serving plate at Goodwill a few weeks ago. I just love it. I love the fluted edges and the fact that I don't think it was used much. The back has the owners name and phone number, I left it there....I don't really know how old this is, but I am pretty sure it is a vintage piece.
This little black bear was found at a local antique shop, I think...I really can not remember where I got him.....I think this would make a great toothpick holder. I love the three little fish at the base.
This set of brown bears came from a local antique shop. I thought they were so cute, these are really very small in size.
(click on photo to make larger) This is a great vintage drawing book. I knew the minute I found this I had to have it. You can learn to draw cartoon bears as demonstrated above or the more life like bears below.
These pages show you how to draw black bears...
Here are the pages for drawing Grizzlies....funny thing is, I am not an artist and even though this is a charming book...it really did me no good at all. Even my cartoon bears looked like they had big problems...
Well, that is it today, hope you liked a few of my vintage bear items. I will see ya' next week for more vintage goodies! Have a great weekend everyone!
15 Easy Projects for Beginning Sewers
12 hours ago