Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Vintage Thingie Thursday : Vintage Brooch Bride Bouquet

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you are new to this party, please take the time to read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week. Lastly, if you link in, LINK back to my blog, so everyone can see all of the vintage goodies being showed that day. If you don't link back here, they won't know who to visit......thanks so much.

Inspiration for beautiful vintage creations can be found most anywhere these days. Lots of people are standing up and taking notice of how wonderful it is to save a vintage piece from the land fill and turn it into something that can be treasured. Usually, all it takes is a little inspiration, imagination and the desire to create to turn something quiet ordinary into something extraordinary.

Last month, our friends' daughter got married and I was lucky enough to get to help with the planning. Early on during the planning stages, I gathered pictures online that I felt would be along the lines of this brides taste. Among those pictures, was a beautiful bouquet made from vintage brooches. As you can imagine, she fell in love with this idea....I knew she would, it was right up her alley! You may remember the vintage themed wedding shower we gave in May, well, this is the lovely bride with her vintage brooch bridal bouquet.

Tom Finn Photography

The bride and her mother gathered vintage brooches, earrings and rings from family members, thrift stores and online shopping. What made this so special was many of these pieces belonged to the brides grandmothers and relatives, so each piece was special in that regards.

Tom Finn Photography

We did search online for tutorials, but they were vague at best. The bride, her mom and sister sat out to complete this task, and even though it was a job, and took more time to complete than intended...it turned out beautifully.

Tom Finn Photography

The different colors in the pins and jewelry make a striking contrast against the wedding dress.

Tom Finn Photography

From this distance, the bouquet looks like fresh flowers. If you are a sentimental soul like I am, I so wish I would have had something like this long ago on my wedding day. What a great keepsake from your special day, and it will last forever....vintage forever.....my heart sings!

Tom Finn Photography

This is the bride and her dad, he is a firefighter.....I had to show this picture because it is simply my favorite. Just look at the beautiful bride with her beautiful bouquet standing next to her handsome dad in his um.....um......"well worn" work attire!!! Such a contrast in attire and made such a great statement...I just love it!!

Tom Finn Photography

The Happy Couple!!!

Each piece that was important and held special meaning was displayed on the outside of the bouquet, other pieces made up the centers of this beautiful piece. If you look closely, in the middle is a yellow "J" that to me was a great touch, as the bride's name and her grandmother's name both starts with that letter.

And what do you do after the wedding? Well, my friend found this amazing shadow box to house the bouquet, along with the wedding cake topper, the invitation and a copy of the prayer said at the ceremony. This makes a wonderful keepsake from your special day to enjoy for years to come. It is truly amazing what one can do with a little imagination and inspiration and an old jewelry box full of vintage jewelry......Amazing.....and Special.

~ A special thank you to my sweet friend, who allowed me to share this wonderful vintage creation with all my blogging friends today! Thanks so much!!!

Have a great Vintage Thingie Thursday everyone and a great weekend doing what you love best. I'll look forward to seeing you back here next week.



45 comments:

  1. What an amazing idea!! Definitely something she will have forever, and it won't crumble apart like a dried bouquet. She's an absolutely gorgeous bride, too! The simple dress and hair with the elaborate bouquet really makes a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea! WOW and the result is amazing! What a beautiful keepsake!

    Thank you so much for sharing this with us :)

    Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I am jealous! That is beautiful! What a great idea. :)
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely beautiful! What an amazing piece of art -- something to treasure forever! Congratulations to the new bride and groom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not imagine how that was going to look when you were talking about it. As usual, when you have a hand in anything it will turn out great. This was a super idea that was carried out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious idea...and what a beautiful bride and her daddy!! That is a cute picture of them for sure!

    I would not have even knew how to begin a project like this, it turned out wonderfully....I can imagine with your ideas, the whole wedding was wonderfully done!

    Great job to the bride and her mom and sister for making this beautiful treasure to keep forever!! I so love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bouquet turned out great and will be a nice keepsake unlike real flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bouquet was a wonderful idea and so pretty. I love how the bride has it displayed now. Thanks for sharing the wedding pictures...I love the one with the bride and her proud father!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm speechless. What an amazing idea. It is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous idea! A forever bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bridal bouquet is awesome! I've never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and I love how so many pieces came from family and friends which makes it so sentimental as well. Thanks for showing this to us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that! It’s so beautiful and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suzanne, that is absolutely one of the sweetest ideas I've ever seen for a bouquet! Like you, I'm very sentimental, and that is right down my alley too!

    Come join me for Time Travel Thursday with this post. It's a perfect fit for my party.
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/2010/07/time-travel-thursday-6-yard.html

    Hope to see you there!

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Bride
    Beautiful Bouquet
    Beautiful post

    And did I mention how sentimental the whole concept is? Especially the father and daughter photo. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That bouquet is gorgeous! What a great idea. It turned out just amazing! And the bride s just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely idea! My mother has some brooches from her mother that remind me of some of the beautiful ones in the bouquet! How special that some of the brooches came from family members - what memories!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That brooch bouquet is one of the best and most unique ideas I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous idea for a bouquet! And getting to keep it is just a bonus! I love everything vintage and I'm going to love joining your party--Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for hosting! Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a very unusual bouquet. It is one of the most creative bouquets I have ever seen. It truly is a heritage keepsake. Thanks for sharing the great pictures.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just came across a wedding invitation idea this morning that I thought was incredible. The invitations were somehow printed on vintage handkerchiefs! They were so very pretty. If the wedding was a small affair I can see how this would be possible but if it were a large affair - oh, my goodness - how would you ever come up with enough handkerchiefs?

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh Suzanne, i found myself ooohing and aaahing as i read your delightgul post. What an extremely lucky girl to receive such an amazingly gorgeous bouquet..a perfect keepsake! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Suzanne, girl I'm so sorry I just hook and booked on you...had to get to my granddaughter house to cook and do laundry..she's now on bed rest until the baby comes and I'm trying to do douuble duty here right now with taking care of her and Len with his heart problems...Any hoo I love the flower idea this is just awesome to be able to have something this special for the rest of her life and the shadow box is too cool for school...Thank you my friend for hosting this fun party and letting me be a small part of it...Hope you have a GREAT week my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brilliant and beautiful! What a wonderful keepsake! Love the photo of the bride and her Dad!

    Wish the happy couple the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an incredible idea and the result is gorgeous! Great pictures, too. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  26. what amazing idea you got Suzanne! and it turn out so beautiful Bride Bouquet and very precious too! am sure many years down the road, the bride would cherish even more of this bouquet! :-)

    wishing you a great day ahead!
    xo
    fitty

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good morning Suzanne, thank you for your comments when I was so busy with company I had no time to visit.

    This post is real special with the vintage brides bouquet. It is stunning and so clever. Love the pic with her dad in his firefighting gear. The love shines in that photo. The display case is awesome.

    I hope your fourth was a good one.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'll echo many others to say, what a great idea! I let my flower bouquet dry out naturally, which was OK for awhile, but I eventually had to throw it away. the box at the end with all the mementoes is so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am in love with that bouquet! What a beautiful way to display vintage pins & brooches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love those wedding pics! They are gorgeous :) Thanks for hosting another party!

    ~Lori S.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Suzanne! What a fabulous idea for a bouquet. I also love that shadow box filled with precious reminders of the wedding. Perhaps one day when this young bride has a daughter of her own, she might add to her mother's bouquet and use it at her own wedding. Great post Suzanne and great party too. I look forward to it each week!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  32. What an excellent idea. And, the shadow box idea is excellent, too.
    Such a beautiful bride...thanks for sharing her.

    Sorry to be late in getting to your party..I posted my post last night but FORGOT TO LINK UP.
    O, woe is me !!!!
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a WONDERFUL idea!! It turned out gorgeous :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Suzanne! Nice to meet You! I follow starting NOW. I joined the link party as well. Hope I did it correctly. That vintage pin bouquet is lovely and unique. I am a nurse and when I worked wore a pin every day and still have a large collection. My teen daughter better get ready!
    Thanks bunches for the vintage party. ~olive

    ReplyDelete
  35. That bouquet is so beautiful-that gives me so many ideas. You could just do a centerpiece for the table. She looks wonderful. The picture with her fireman Dad is great, soft spot for me, my hubby retired as a fireman/paramedic after 35 years.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous photos and what a treasure the bouquet is! I so love that the bouquet is made up of jewelry from relatives. Don't we all wish we had a bouquet that was everlasting and this one is! So wonderful.

    Happy VTT!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Suzanne,
    What a romantic wedding story! I love the vintage jewelery bouquet and the photos. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Suzanne,
    Need your help posting my pic, please. I love the beautiful bride and her brooch bouguet. How wonderful. I love the pic with her and her Dad the best :)
    Thanks,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the bouquet, it's so unique and special!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Pretty bouquet, so unique and special!

    ReplyDelete
  41. such a beautiful bride, and the flowers just add to the joy. thanks for showing us! happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  42. That bouquet is really lovely- And a truly original idea. It should be featured in a wedding magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm sitting here with Sydney and she was telling me about this so we're looking at it. It's amazing!!! What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...