Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Welcome to this weeks segment of Vintage Thingies Thursday. Thursday is the day to showcase your vintage treasures and to share your special things with everyone. If you are visiting and would like to join us, please do. It is very easy!
To participate, all you have to do is:
* * * * * * * Please everyone, follow these guidelines!
(1) do a post about something vintage.
(2) Visit all the participates and leave a comment.
(3) Link in with the link at the bottom of this post, please use a perma-link to link in with, that way, anyone can refer back to your post if they can not get to it on Thursday.
(4) Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, and if you like include the VTT button in your post. Please be sure to have your post up before linking in.
Well....this is the last post for the year.....and I had lots of wonderful treasures to show you.....I took lots of pretty pictures.......and was ready to put my photos into my computer to do my post.....guess what???? No camera cord in sight.....seems the cord got packed in my daughters bag somehow and it is not here.....so......I guess I'll cancel the VTT post this week.......Not Really......but this is going to be short and sweet......and not even my photo, had to swipe one of the internet ......sorry......New Year.....must do better....I did not even get around to visiting everyone last week, I am so sorry for that, time got away from me, and well.....here I am today late getting this new post done......will do better........!
My mom gave me a wonderful gift for Christmas this year. I had asked for a glass tea pitcher like the one my grandma had.....my grandma actually had two, one Amber glass and one Aquamarine in color......my mom could not find the Aquamarine one, but she did find the Amber glass one....
This is a ANCHOR HOCKING LIDO BALL PITCHER, with a ice lip (to catch the ice cubes). Just looking at this brings back wonderful memories of Sunday afternoon dinners at my grandma's house...and wonderful sweet tea served in old jelly jar glasses. I just love it.....
I'll be back next week and will start the New Year off right...Have a safe and wonderful New Year everyone....don't forget to eat your black eyed peas for good luck....and cabbage for money to come your way in the New Year...... Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday everyone!!