Monday, June 29, 2009

Following Beauty by Design

Do you remember as a kid, being star-struck? I mean, did you ever really hope beyond hopes of actually seeing a real movie star, TV star, or singer in person? Come on now, be honest here!

I have always been star-struck. And you know what? I never out grew that. I am still searching for my one real life star meeting and can not wait for that to happen. What does this have to do with anything? Well I am so glad you asked.

About a month ago, I was visiting different blogs searching for quilting blogs. And I came across a brand new blog, called Dark Horse Farm Designs...Go Make Your Bed!

Boy, was this one beauty of a blog. I was immediately drawn to the pretty lady in the profile photo and the profile itself. To be more blunt the words "Past life super model, present life super-duper." I was intrigued, did this mean that the owner of this blog was a super model? . I read this entire blog from start to finish. The photos were amazing. The fabrics were so pretty and the colors so vibrant and inviting. But the one thing that really excited me was this post titled 17 again.

Now remember I told you I have always been on the look out for a real star? Well, when I saw this post, I almost could not believe my eyes. I had EVERY ONE of these magazines, and from the dusty corners of my memory, I so remembered this pretty girl on the covers of these magazines. I felt like I had stumbled upon a star from my youth. I was super excited, yea I know, I am weird. Once I read everything there was to read, and looked at every beautiful photo, I signed up to follow this blog. I did not want to miss a thing from this amazing blog.

Let me make it clear, that I did not know right away that Nancy was the famous face on the cover of my favorite magazine as a teen, until I had almost read her whole blog. Once I discovered that, it was just the icing on the cake so to speak.

Imagine my surprise when I got an email from Nancy herself, saying how excited she was, that I was her first follower and she would like to send me a little something in the mail as a thank you. I still can not believe it. Please take a look at these beautiful things that surprised me in the mail this past week.

This is an adorable pillow cover and I just love the vintage image in the center. This is just beautiful, and the fabrics are really wonderful. The pinks and browns and the embellishments really make this a wonderful addition to any room...but I am going to put this in my sewing room, I just love it.

Here is a up close image of the details. Nancy's blog Go Make your Bed has some very beautiful bedding and if you are looking for something custom, this is the place to look. I was most impressed with the Dorm on a drawstring line of bedding. Please check this out, if you have a loved one going off to college in the fall, what better way to send them off than with this beautiful bedding. I just love this idea.

Here is a look at the little sachet that was included in my package. This smells wonderful and I just love it.

Look at the cute little details of this bag, I tell you, wonderful quality and I just can not get over Nancy's generosity.

Thank you Nancy for my wonderful surprise, but most of all thank you so much for making me feel special and like I have actually met in person a real super model. You totally made my day. Not only are you a beautiful person on the outside, but you are even more beautiful on the inside and very talented at what you do. It is a pleasure to feel like I know you.

Please stop off and visit Nancy's beautiful blog, Dark Horse Farm Designs..Go Make Your Bed. (She has three, and they are listed under her profile) The photos are amazing, and you will love her work.
You can tell her the "nutty-star-struck" Coloradolady sent you over for a visit.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting - I will go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the luckiest one ever. A very neat and interesting gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun surprise!~ you lucky lady! I'll check out her blog. After you send all of your readers over to see her, she may send you another surprise gift!! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the best! I can't tell you how warmed I was by your blog entry! For you take the time to write such a lovely entry about me on your fabulous blog was the nicest "thank you" ever. Now I am your follower forever!
    And your friend,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so going to pay this blog a visit. I have two cousins going off to college this fall, their mom's would love to have a look at this...great post! Very Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to read Seventeen too, and I remember these magazine covers. How interesting to have found her blog. I'm off for a visit too. I am so glad you posted about this...I enjoyed this post. Sallie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing, and I'm going to go visit. I assume you're talking about Seventeen magazine. I certainly read it. Is it still published? My teen years were many moons ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am on my way to check her out!!! thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right, every picture is eye candy! I totally remember her from the covers--I was a bigtime Seventeen reader. She is not only beautiful on the outside but inside as well. How sweet of her to sent you a gift for being her first follower!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...