Friday, October 2, 2009

Good Advice...From The Dogs!

I had to consult with my four legged friends this week on a subject that needed to be discussed. After all, Steve is still out of town, and I did not really want to bring up a question about money over the phone....trust me, I did not.

So, one afternoon this week, I made several phone calls inquiring about a price to have a gift made for someone....now, I know I could do this myself, no problem, but.....time is a key factor here....so I got all my information together and had a good talk with first, Sophie and Dora.....


I very calmly explained to them, the cost....a little over $425.00....guaranteed to be finished by the date I needed it....guaranteed to be top notch....and a real treasure.....no stress for me......on the flip side....I explained that I was very capable of creating the same treasure....at a fraction of the cost....under $100.00 I was sure....They sorta stopped me right there.......Both of them looked at me like I was crazy....can you tell.....they did not get it at all....

Sophie even reminded me what would happen when I told this tale to Steve....not good.....she decided to play dead...and hope I got the message...I think I did....get the message that is....

I decided I needed a third opinion....so I recited the same spill to Bailey.......

She let me know right away she had not been here long enough to get involved...but assured me that the money I saved would buy lots of peanut butter treats that she has discovered she is most fond of...and gave me a look like...... "please listen to the older girls" that way, everyone is happy....except for me....who is strapped for time these days, and thought I could get this done by someone else around my budget....not going to happen.

I'm glad most of the girls around here have a good head on their shoulders and talked some sense into me.....now, I wonder which one of them is going to offer help with the planning, executing and delivering of this project.....



Ummmmm.......Yea.....that is what I thought..... Thanks Girls.....




I'll let you three know when I need some advice again......

34 comments:

  1. A dog will never let you down. Never. They are so smart and will keep their owners in line. Cute post and adorable pups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the dogs were as useful as an average man. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect responses. That is just what they do.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sensible girls they are.........and beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny! Now I am curious what this project is you have up your sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great girls you have there, not only beautiful but smart too...lol...maybe you can stretch the days a little...NOT...good luck getting it done, that's a huge savings.
    We want to see pictures when it's done.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. The paddy wagon is on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the most fun story I've read in a long time! Thanks for the pics of your babies! I love those pics! Adorable, Adorable, Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha gosh they are so stinkin cute! Smart too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Puppy Bellies are the BESTEST.....and so glad you have some smart pooches there at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And they say that horses have sense! HA! Glad your little ones were able to help, albeit not to your satisfaction! LOL!!

    Hope that everything works out!

    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the smiles you brought with this post. I think you got lovely advice from the girls.. and I'm sure they will help with the project. :)
    p.s. The girls are just adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was just the cutest post. I love your dogs. The little one, bailey if I remember right is precious.

    I am curious as to what you are going to make.

    Those peanut butter treats are well loved by my two girls too.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suzanne, I am at my sister's home in Atlanta. they are moving their antiques to a new location and they asked me to help.
    Yes, please link to anyone you like. I am fine with it.
    Your post is terrific. You gotta love a dog. We can't wait to get our new puppy in Nov.

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always consult my doxies before major decisions....doesn't everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Suzanne!

    Your girls sure did give you some good advice! I'm always up to saving some money when I can.

    They are just too cute!

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post, I am still smiling. Your doxies are so beautiful and smart!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love them! Such a cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww....what a bunch of love bugs. I had dachshunds for 20+ years and haven't had a dog for the past few years. I miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, that's not fair - what are you going to make? The suspense is killing me!

    Good dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL suzanne this was sooo cute and funny! your doggers are just to stinkin cute for words that bailey has my ♥

    I am so glad you are joining us again for the SSS here is a quick update

    Stopping by with a SSS update:
    we sent out the first round of q&a's last night if you did not receive an email from us please click the link below and follow the instructions-if you did get the email and have filled out the q&a you are good to go-your answers were automatically entered in our google doc form...
    Thanks and we are so excited you are joining the SSS
    http://georgienba.blogspot.com/2009/10/secret-santa-soiree-official-411.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yip! You can always count on your lovely pets! If food is involved, they respond even quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha simply adorable "helpers" :o)

    Blessings & aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  24. good gravy, that was entertaining :)

    as a recipient of one of your beautiful gifts, I can tell you that the person you are doing this for would probably rather have a gift be late and created by you, than on time and created by someone else. One, because you're that good, and two, because having something that comes from your heart is worth the wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have a new dog and I consult him on everything, without fail!
    Quimper Club

    ReplyDelete
  26. The dogs are always right! Well, most of the time anyway! Those fur kids of yours sure are adorable! But what, pray tell, is that project anyway? A mystery! I love mysteries!!! (By the way, thanks for visiting and signing as a follower on my FREE RECIPE blog! So glad you joined me!)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Suzanne, That is is of the most creative post I have read in a long time...it was darling.

    I also talk to my dogs, Savannah says she is to old and tired to think, Fritz says it is not his problem, but my Ginny is always there for me.

    I am way behind in visiting, but my computer is fixed and I am trying hard to catch up. Time is our enemy.
    Hope to be able to keep up better now.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Please stop by; I have a treat(?) for you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So what is this project??

    Great puppies!!!

    The Raggedy Girl

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG - they are so adorable I can't stand it! I'll have you know that ginger doesnt like any dogs bigger than her. And at 10 pounds thats most of them except chihuahuas who really are smaller and dachshunds who arent so much smaller as shorter! Her only friends have been a chi named coco lopez and a dachshund named max. Shes not very popular :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Suzanne - I'm new to your blog. It's so nice to meet you, fellow doxie lover! ;) This was the cutest story I've heard in a long term and I really enjoyed it!

    Roeshel (& Niski, the dapple doxie)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dogs are great sounding boards -- yours are adorable too. I have two long haired dachshunds, and I seek their advice regularly. They never argue with me.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dogs are great sounding boards -- yours are adorable too. I have two long haired dachshunds, and I seek their advice regularly. They never argue with me.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...