Friday, October 30, 2009

A Weight Loss Journey



Ever feel like this??? I have for years.....I talked about my "Lifestyle" change a couple of weeks ago...so much has changed....not so much by the "Lifestyle" change (but that has made a huge difference) but the change I am talking about is much deeper than that.

Several people emailed me thinking it would be good to have a weight loss addition each week, one to offer support, ideas, recipes etc....because I am so orgainzed...Oh, if you only knew..... I knew in order to do that, it would take a lot of courage on my part....and where to begin??.....that was another issue for me.

So, one night, I wrote and I wrote and I wrote.....the longest darn post this side of the Rockies....and the words that jumped onto the page rocked my world. In an effort to understand how I got to the point I was at with my weight, it was more important for ME to understand why I got there. These are the things that are hard to face, hard to deal with, and certainly hard to read on print when they are about your own life. But with that being said, it is about understanding, forgiveness, acknowledgment, and desire to move beyond all the junk that litters up our lives and throws us off balance. There is hope....

So.....Starting Sunday I will post my first segment. These writings are so important for ME,to stay focused and serve as a reminder to forge ahead. So before I start posting the actual weight loss progress and support and recipes....this is a must.....I warn you.....these next few segments ( I think 6/7) are dark, stormy, depressing and real......and if there is anyone who thinks that no one in the world understands how they feel.....well I am here to tell you someone does....believe me.

So, Sundays and Tuesdays will be the updates until I take this to the present.....I hope I have the courage Sunday to push "Publish Post". This has not been easy, and I am very apprehensive about putting all of this out there.....and please understand none of what you will read is really an excuse for letting ones self over the years, get so off balance, overweight and miserable...but more of an understanding about how events, emotions and struggles can certainly contribute to one spiraling out of control. When we lose control.....we lose hope. Thankfully, I have found my hope...and am gaining control....that is what is important........

21 comments:

  1. You go, girl! You are courageous and you should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that took courage to write what you just did today - You are on your way to being able to stay on course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you! Weight loss is a constant fight- especially as you get older. I know- it's happened to me. The only thing I can say in my favor is that I work out 6 days a week and always have. Problem is- it's always calories going in that matters most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very courageous to go public. I need to change my lifestyle as well, since my doctor says I am headed toward the big D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you 100%, Suzanne, as I am open to learning and seeing what may apply to my life and battle with being overweight. I am tired of yo yo dieting and losing 50 lbs., only to put it back on. Just consider that you are doing this for yourself, but helping others.

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by all of the SSS participants and I feel a little like I interrupted a private conversation with coming by today! Weight and it's connection to our emotions cannot be underestimated - good for you for sharing it!

    PS I noticed your weather widget, and I have to say, I'm so glad I don't live in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am standing up and applauding you, you go girl, it takes guts to open yourself up to the world. I could write a book(I did) as to why I let my life spiral out of control and gained all this weight. I am taking control and changing my life style for me and no one else. Emotions, stress, feeling of not being equal all played apart for me. Letting others make me feel inadequacy and less of a person...I set down and wrote a book about my life for my kids this past Spring..and so much just hit me...so much I had been hiding behind or pretending didn't happen.
    I can't wait to read your post...God bless you.
    Molly
    PS I'm down 41 lbs in 3 1/2 mos. and still going strong...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weight loss is so much more than eating and exercise. (Been there, done that.) Good luck on your journey! High Five to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe we can do it together.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bless you Suzanne!
    Be the voice of all of us who don't have the courage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well Suzanne I admire you for being so honest and look forward to reading your posts. Being over weight myself most of my life I know the pain and unhappiness it brings. And it sure is not just over eating it's about something else deep inside us. Thanks you for sharing and I send you warm hugs, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  12. What comes to mind is part of a scripture, "Be strong and of a good courage..." You are, indeed, brave to put yourself "out there" for the whole world to see. Most of the time we end up in the shape we're in because we're hiding from the world. Blessings to you in your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I for one will read every post. I struggle all the time with what I put on my blog when it is too personal and is not just about crafts. I also have the problem with my weight. I went on the Master Cleanse and since then I have been trying not to eat so much junk. These days I just try to eat healthy and avoid processed foods. I know what you mean about life events making you eat though. I still struggle with that every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I look forward to reading what you're learning through this journey you've begun. Keep up the great work and we're all with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you Suzanne. I lost 25 pounds with Weight Watchers a few years back. I gained back 10 because with the WW diet I felt like I was depriving myself too much. But changing eating habits makes so much difference.. it stays off! I also have been put on a salt restrictive diet and I think that helps too.. I don't retain water.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel just like you...weight loss is a constant problem. Now with all the Halloween candy in my home it is even harder.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am intrigued... Looking forward to cheering you on in this journey and seeing what got you where you are today. I know some of what has caused my weight issues and I SO hope to break the cycle and get out of the weight gain rut in 2010. I am about 85 lbs overweight and fear DIABETES, STROKE, and HEART DISEASE.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Suzanne...as you know I've not been visiting blogs much at all these past few months, but something made me check yours tonight....and I am so glad I did..
    I will be checking back with you sweet lady and praying for your success & that I'll finally get off my big, fat duff and take charge of myself!!!
    Much love, Bo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Suzanne, I am proud of your courage and determination.

    I fight it also and I finally decided it is nearly all mental.
    Food is a crutch for me and comfort are so I think at the time I am eating it. I will be looking forward to your post.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  20. Best of luck. I started last December, and I'm 2 pounds away from losing 50! Now is the perfect time to start - with several holidays just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have the greatest admiration for you! It truly takes a strong and courageous person to open up and share these intimate details and I applaud your efforts. I will be here reading and holding your hand on the sidelines.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...