Tuesday, May 4, 2010

On This Day.........

..........24 years ago a wedding took place......on a beautiful Sunday Morning.......

.....In Las Vegas, Nevada. It was a beautiful morning, surrounded by the best of friends and family.

Truthfully, I barely remember the ceremony at all, barely remember the words, but the one thing I do remember is I vowed to love this man until death do us part....and well.....I still very much do.

I think this is where the preacher instructed Steve to always agree with me no matter what! joking...... But will you look at his face????? I wish I knew what that was about...or what was being said.

However, over the last 24 years, I have seen this very face on lots of occasions. Especially during times of disagreements, different opinions, not seeing eye-to-eye, when I have messed up something on accident, when he does not understand my collecting habits, and when he thinks I come up with hair-brained ideas that only an idiot would dream up. Yes, you could say we have been like matches and kerosene during the last 24 years on many occasions.

But let me say this...there have been many a good times, fun times, silly times....and it all started from day one of our marriage. I think the photo is self explanatory.....ahem......

Marriage is a struggle no matter what. But we have always been there for each other in good times and bad. My husband has always been there to pick me up when I fell, offered a shoulder to cry on when I was at my lowest and dried my tears with his humor. We support each other no matter what, does not matter that we always don't agree or have different opinions.

I can hardly remember what my life was like before this day, and can not even imagine what life would be like without this man. Yes, some people believe matches and kerosene are a deadly combination, but sometimes in life, they are a perfect compliment to each other. Happy Anniversary, Steve. You are the love of my life and my very best friend.

36 comments:

  1. ohhhh Suzanne...that was just beautiful! Happy Anniversary-I am Loving those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on twenty four years of marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Happy Anniversary!!! Beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet pictures..Happy Anniversary. My 35th is coming up on May 10th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one said life or marriages would be perfect. Having differences is not all bad. Just think what fun it is making up. I only wish you both the best today and the rest of your life. I love you both. My memory is really getting bad, as I cannot recall seeing you two like this. Do something special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Suzanne,
    What a nice post!!!! I love the photos!!!! Congratulations on hanging in there and realizing that you have to work at a marriage always!!!!!! That is what makes it good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post! Happy Anniversary Suzanne :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely post, Suzanne. Happy Anniversary!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. How incredibly adorable is this post....more people should understand that it is not always easy. You guys are just too cute! Nice and refreshing to read a HONEST post. So many times they are all gushy-mushy and well, we ALL know everyday is not like that! Happy Anniversary...you my friend are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Wonderful Anniversary to you both!! You're exactly three months ahead of us.

    I hope you have a lovely evening planned---our evenings of choice are a quiet dinner and a trip to a favorite bookstore.

    Best to you---we're closing in on SILVER!

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post Suzanne. I really enjoyed reading it. Linking over from FB. Now I always know when you have a new post up :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary Suzanne! What a wonderful couple you two are, and I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh happy days! congrats on your 24th anniversary!! wishing you many more happy years together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 24th Anniversary!! And many more happy days!

    The pictures are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary!!

    I needed to read this today. I needed to hear that every couple goes through ups and downs.

    Your pictures...adorable! I love the goofy one on the bench!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary! What a cute couple! Thanks for letting us share in your memories. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy anniversary, you lovebirds! Great pictures!!!! I wish you many, many more....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Married in Vegas! How cool is that! Happy Anniversary to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This made me cry. What a touching post and I don't even know you in "real" life. What an amazing journey, it is a inspiration to know that this type of love really does exist. I am still looking for this myself, and will not settle until I find this type of love. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wishing you the happiest of anniversaries. I just love to hear stories like yours. Marriages are not always chocolates and flowers. Sometimes it's oil and water but if we put our hearts into it, all things work together for good. Blessings to you on this most special day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Suzanne. What lovely pictures. Thanks so much for sharing them. Wishing you many many more happy years together.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Anniversary, Suzanne!! I'm pretty sure my sister wore that same dress in purple to the prom, which was 23 years ago, and she had the same hairdo. I, of course was in college and much edgier in the hair department. LOL (it was assymetrical!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Anniversary! I loved the honesty in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Anniversary,very nice blog,have a nice day from Tenerife!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Happy Anniversary! What a lovely post and so true.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a sweet post. Happy Anniversary! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Anniversary to you both!! I wish you many more happy years focusing on the happiness and joy marriage can bring!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats Suzanne and DH, What a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG! How sweet! I love it. Congratulations on your anniversary. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Anniversary Suzanne and Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy, very belated, Anniversary!!!

    Such a sweet post. Do you think Steve would admit what he was thinking...if he could remember? LOL

    Hugs,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just found ypur blog and went back as far as this page It is my anniversary on the same day except I was married in 1985 and my parents were married on the same day in 1957.

    I hope you had a great day

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...