Monday, May 31, 2010

This is What I am Growing

I thought I'd take you on a little visit in my garden. Things are really coming along with all the sunshine we have had lately.

These adorable lavender flowers are covered on one vine I planted.......

And the rest of the plant is filled with egg plant. If you are a fan of purple, this is a great plant to have in your garden, lots of great shades of purple in bloom!

The onions are doing nicely........oh so good.....

Luckily I planted some broccoli...you know, after all this is really all I should be eating....I have a long way to go and this will be a good start....my weight you know!

Steve planted some rows of corn.....reminds me of the fields in Field of Dreams, only in a smaller version....well, actually only two rows....but I can dream, right??

Jalapeno peppers are full on my one plant, will make lots of great homemade salsa.

Yellow bell peppers......oh, so pretty!~

And green bell peppers......

My favorite...summer squash...just look at the happy blooms.....love these.

Large beef stake tomatoes......

And tiny grape tomatoes...I can hardly wait for these to get ripe.

cucumbers are doing great too.......

My green beans are a little slow....but are full of blooms......

What a sweet little lady bug to greet me this morning.....so happy to have found it there as I was taking pics of my garden....now, all I have to do is wait for it all to get ripe....all of this harvest in about 10X6 ft space.....you really can have a garden in a small patch of yard.....give it a try, grow your own vegetables, you will never think about the one's you find in the grocery store again! Hope you enjoyed this peek....get inspired this holiday weekend and get your hand dirty, the rewards are great!


14 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne,
    Your garden looks so great! I'm jealous...maybe next year in our new home I can have one. I hope you enjoy every minute of it.:)
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous in my NWestern neck of the woods friends and family are just now planting gardens due to our ridiculously long winter. Enjoy some yellow bell peppers for me please!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks great! Broccoli is delicious! I love it raw, steamed, casserole... Sound like Bubba in Forest Gump! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Suzanne,

    Your garden looks scrumptious! We are enjoying one as well. We've planted carrots, two types of beans, acorn squash, zucchini, strawberries, figs, apples, sunflowers, beefsteak tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and so much more. We've done corn in the past, but it takes too many nutrients out of the ground for us, and we hate having to keep amending the soil. Thanks for sharing your lovely garden with us.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing. Wish I had a garden. All I can plant is a little herbs on my balcony but no sun this month makes it difficult for my out of climate plants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks great. Mr. P would love all these vegetables.. I don't garden with food but with flowers.. I don't have that special touch for vegetables, I admire anyone who can..
    I hope you're having a super w/k... hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are amazing as well as all the veggies in mid-growth. There just isn't anything quite like fresh from the garden produce. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Suzanne, how I enjoyed seeing these pictures! I'd love to chomp on those beefsteak tomatoes when they're ripe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Suzanne. Everything looks so good. Our onions are not looking that nice. I hope they will make it. Enjoy your bounty.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. I'm so jealous. I had huge organic gardens in Texas, I worked with my mother-in-law. I haven't been gardening since we moved to Florida. I miss it. Thanks for sharing your pretty pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, would I be super weird if I admitted that I think the eggplant and broccoli are really very pretty at this stage? Like, I could decorate with them pretty.

    Please don't think less of me for wanting to decorate with food ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's all in the perspective, isn't it? All the pictures and the variety make it look like Suzanne's Acres, and the bounty beyond belief.

    Beautiful harvest you've got coming, especially that exquisite eggplant!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No need to go to a market. I will just visit your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the walk in your garden. You are quite a bit ahead of us. The eggplant flower is soo pretty.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...