Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Vintage Thingie Thursday : Vintage Kitchen Decor

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a "dog-gone" good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week. Lastly, if you link in, LINK back to my blog, so everyone can see all of the vintage goodies being showed that day. If you don't link back here, they won't know who to visit......thanks so much.

This past weekend, I did some organization and rearranging in my kitchen. Surrounding myself with things I love both from my past and new found items from today. This is a bean pot that belonged to my grandmother. For as long as I remember, she had this pot. I remember at one time, she made red beans in this pot on the stove, but in later years, she had it in her kitchen and did not cook with it. At one point, I think she had a plant even planted inside this pot. It originally had two handles, one on each side, but today only one remains. It certainly holds a lot of memories for me. I wish I knew where she got this pot originally, but I don't. I am estimating this to be at least 40 years old or older.

I decided to bring this pot inside and use it to hold all my kitchen stencils. I originally wrote about receiving this here from my cousin. I love it sitting on my counter.....nothing like a little red and white galvanized goodness to look at each day.
I stacked two of my cake plates and decided I'd enjoy looking at some of my smaller goodies displayed on the bottom one. Most of these treasures are Goodwill or estate sale finds. That little lemon is a tea bag holder and I found that one at Goodwill for 50 cents.....I think it is so 1950's. The amber glass bowl is also a estate sale find and I know I did not pay more than a couple of dollars for it. It really gives a fall feel for me.

That is about it for this week....hope you are all having a great week and looking forward to the wonderful fall weather this weekend. Have a great time either relaxing or spending time with family. See ya' next week with more vintage goodies!


34 comments:

  1. Love your stuff! The pigs are right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute things you have for us today. I love all your vintage..:)
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bucket!! Lots of great uses for it and it looks especially good with your utensils in it!

    Your cake plates look cute stacked! I have to remember to do this with some of mine!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for providing a forum to share our favorite vintage items. I love all your stuff, but have a special place in my heart for your lemon tea bag holder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a similar bean pot. It is not old but I love the shape. You have some great things on today. Like the bucket idea. Thanks for hosting.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. One day you will surprise yourself with what you have stashed away and forgot. I never knew you had so many different vintage goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff, that amber bowl is great. I love your displays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzanne, My mother had a very similar pot that they bought in Mexico on vacation. My guess is the trip was early 1950's. The bucket is adorable and I love how you have everything displayed.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. how fun all your things are today...I love the story of the pot to me things like these are just priceless..Hope you have a great week my friend..Hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love stacking the cake plates and adding cute little items. The bean pot holds a lot of memories and that makes it very special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the way you used your cake plate and all the treasures on the bottom of it. Very sweet. I have so many vintage pieces of Princess House and other items that I need to get busy and display these treasures. Thanks for making me smile. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love how you've got you kitchen utensils displayed in your sweet enamelled bucket :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea using the pedestal cake plate as a display ! love the enamelware bucket. I have a huge white/red trim coffee pot that I love to use for cider in the cooler months.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it when I can use my treasures in a new and different way. :)
    Thank you for hosting Vintage Thingy Thursday!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet thingies! I love enamelware. I so wish I had some hand-me-downs from my grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, I have included my dahlia tiara box in your party this week, although it is not a vintage project, it does include some vintage trimmings, hope this is ok, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the enamel bucket! everything looks so cute.
    I better get hoppin on my entries...I'm always so late with everything!
    thanks for hosting and sharing.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suzanne, You have given me a few great ideas. I love the pail in the kitchen, red always brightens up a dark area. I really like the way you stacked the dishes for a display. The pot is very pretty, glad you have it to remember your grandma.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea to stack the cake plates and use them to display other items.
    I agree that things in the kitchen that are generational are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea to stack the 2 cake plates. I hope you don't mind if I borrow that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. great "containers" post! love your grandma's bean pot.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that enamel bucket! Your grandmother's bean pot is a treasure. It's wonderful to have so many warm and welcoming vintage thingies in the kitchen. It's makes the atmosphere so cozy!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Suzanne...great treasures! I especially like your enamelware bucket...what a great utensil holder :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Suzanne, Thank you so much for hosting today. Your enamelware bucket was a hit today. Have a great day....Julian

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the bean pot. I can just imagine a pot of hot chili on on cold fall evening. Thanks again for hosting this party!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I never grow tired of finding fun kitschy stuff for my kitchen! My favorites are cute lil' S&P's. Thanks for hosting the linky today! -diane

    ReplyDelete
  27. Why is it vintage things are 10x better when they are from family? Thanks for a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have my kitchen utensils in a canister, but things are getting so crowded in there I probably need a bucket like yours! Thanks for hosting... One of my very favorite memes!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Suzanne, Thanks for giving us the opportunity to link up and show our vintage stuff! Love your cake plate, I've been making a few of them myself, so easy and cheap!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's a great bucket. I love to play around and re-decorate also.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love collecting enamel pans and your idea to use one for holding cooking utensils is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. what great vintage-y things you have! very pretty, thanks for sharing them.

    love,
    doxierod

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the lemon tea bag holder and the bucket! I stumbled upon your VTT a couple weeks ago but have been out of town. I hope to join in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi, I also think the beanpot is from Mexico. I'm originally from Corpus Christi, and I saw those quite often brought back from trips to Mexico in the 50's and 60's.
    I can sure relate to your story of late night sewing of costumes and special outfits. I had boys, so I recall many animals as well as GI Joe and Indiana Jones costumes.
    It sounds like we are living in the same vicinity...Dallas/Fort Worth area, and have the love of vintage things in common. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...