Friday, December 10, 2010

A quilty Update!!

It has been a while since I posted about any quilting going on around here, don't get the wrong idea, there has been a lot of sewing but not a lot of showing. The Holidays you know :)

I decided to join in on Bonnie Hunter's Mystery quilt titled Roll Roll, Cotton Boll....and it has been great fun. I have finished the first three steps and the fourth step was released today. These pictures are just a few of the blocks for each step. It is not too late to catch up on this mystery quilt if you'd like to give it a try. It is a scrappy quilt...you know the ones....just scrappy goodness!

I really like the idea of a mystery. If I see a completed picture and it looks complicated, well, I often...um....all the time tell myself I can not do it.

With a mystery, you only work on one part at a time and have no idea what is coming around the corner, so I don't have time to doubt myself too much.

This string piecing was really a challenge at first, but now I am loving this technique. I am sure there will be more string blocks for 2011.

I have been working on last minute gifts that I all of a sudden thought I needed to do.....you know, because as a rule, I have nothing else to do!!! I have a couple of quilts expected back from the quilter and I need to bind them and add the label and finish up these last minute things....then, I am all done.....with the homemade gifts. I am ashamed to say I have not purchased a single gift yet....my sewing machine has been to much fun lately.......I must get busy!!

What about you?? Are you all done with your shopping and only need to wrap, or are you like me, and have not even started??

7 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat as you. No Christmas shopping done yet. But look at the beautiful creation you're spending your time on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, these look wonderful! I love your colors! I participated in two mystery quilts a couple of years back and they were so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all done with my shopping except for one gift card but everything still needs to be wrapped. And then I remembered I had a couple of handmade items yet to make!
    I haven't worked on a mystery quilt but it sounds like fun. Your string blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen anything you have quilted that I did not like. However, this one is a little pink for me. Regardless, when it is finished, I am sure I will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the eye candy, Suzanne! This post is just full of scrappy yumminess. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I participated in two mystery quilts a couple of years back and they were so much fun...

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are beyond talented!!!! I feel a little bad for all the other SSS particpants even though I have No clue what you have in mind I know i have the BEST exchange partner...

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...