Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage China Dachshunds

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a "dog-gone" good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so  please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week.  

I am sure it is no surprise to anyone that I love all things Dachshund! Especially vintage dogs and when I find anything "vintage Dachshund", it is coming home with me! A few months ago, I hit the jackpot at an estate sale and was thrilled to snatch these us and take them home.

Imagine not only finding one, but THREE of these little dachshund dogs. Being the owner of three baby girls myself...I was super excited. The best part was that I paid only $1.00 for all three of these. I think the lady who's house this was must have had a dachshund herself. There were lots of dachshund things there, but I only carried away these three little ones.

I love the spotted china. I don't know why the spots are green and red (almost like Christmas colors) with a splash of yellow....but I love them no matter.

The label reads Paulux China - Japan. With a little research, this was made in Occupied Japan. Don't know the value...but to me they are priceless!!

This tiny dachshund is only 2 inches in length. She is made of China and marked Japan on the bottom. Had to have her.....she fits in well with all my other vintage dachshund china dogs!!

Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday!! It is sweltering hot here in Texas.....unbearable really. We really a need a cool down and a drink of water from the sky soon!!!!

Be sure and stop back by Friday...I will have the First, Fifth, Forever post up and the senior Birthday list for the month of August. Thanks to all who have emailed me and joined in this project. If you'd like to be added to the email list...email me at onefineblessing (at) yahoo (dot) com.



19 comments:

  1. Very cute...and praying for rain for you all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dachshund dogs were meant to come home with you. Darling. Sending wet/cool thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the little one, too cute! The others look like they were painted by Jackson Pollock! Great find to add to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cute little glass doggies are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're like me, I love evrything pug...although, we lost our 13 yr. old pug Ben last year. I love your dutchs, so cute too. You found nice things for youer collection. Thank you for hosting, I have some vintage in my post.
    Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, I can't believe how you lucked out having three dachshunds and finding the wee three. I'm sure it made your day. The colors are great and I just bet you love them. We have the same weather you do, had a couple of showers this week, but we are back at one hundred in the shade. I'm thinking of fall already.......thanks for hosting.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute Suzanne...and what a score on them being Occupied Japan too!
    By the way...your doggies in the sidebar are so adorable....Be sure to tell Dora, Sophie and Baily that I said those china doggies ain't got nothing on them...they are waaayyy more cutie-ful :)
    Thanks for being a great host...it's always a pleasure when I can join in on the fun :)
    Big hugs,
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  8. The real three might be a little jealous of new sisters in the house. They are cute, and never saw any painted like this. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun for you to find so many cute little reminders of your beloved dachshunds. And you got these at such a fabulous price!

    Thanks for hosting, Suzanne!

    Liz @ the Brmableberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to be blogging again! I love Vintage Thingie Thursday.
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Suzanne,
    How fun to find all of those cute dachshunds! You scored on that one!
    Thanks for hosting. I've linked a very vintage piece tonight.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was cleaning out a curio cabinet yesterday (and ongoing) and discovered at some point I had a thing for cows. The multiple shelves of St Bernards and Newfoundland figures (and other curiosities) did not surprise me, nor did the cat items. Somehow I forgot all about the cows and they got pushed behind.
    Your doggies are so cute I would have brought them home too.

    This summer has been so different... I am Vintage August, yet not quite senior. I will try to get back friday (or soon) and read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzanne, love those little vintage babies. I always enjoy your baby on the header.
    We have had three little Dachshunds in our lives and two pugs. What wonderful gifts... God's little creatures.

    Ginger:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your wee little doxies are adorable! I had a china dachshund -- brown -- that had a collar with several chains on it that attached to several little dachshund puppies!
    I adored that piece when I was a kid.
    And ... I have no idea what happened to it!
    Too bad.
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the little doxies! I have tried to link up 3 times, but for whatever reason ~ it's not working for me. Sorry to miss the party.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me again ~ it finally linked up, but I did not mean for the post to link up 3 times. Sorry, but I can't fix it. I am techno challenged on this one.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  17. You found a kennell!! Great pieces.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your dutchs, so cute too. You included great things for your collection. We have had three little Dachshunds in our lives and two pugs.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...