Friday, November 11, 2011

Five Minute Friday : Unexpected


Today I'm linking up to Lisa-Jo aka the gypsy mama, who chooses a topic every Friday and writes for five minutes. 

Only five minutes

And the rule is that whatever you write about in that five minutes is what you posts. No editing your thoughts. Today, her topic choice is "Unexpected....."

Ready. Set. Go......

A drive down a city street at dusk.
Familiar.
Mundane.
Nothing out of the ordinary.
But then the unexpected.
A pack of wild dogs.
Seven of them almost cross in the street in front of us.
Six large dogs and one small.
A pure white long-haired dachshund.
A Beauty.
Unexpected.
My heart breaks and I insist we turn around.
We stop and park.
I spring from the car and call.
Whistle.
Offer treats.
Only the largest of the pack hesitates for an instant and looks my way.
A fleeting instant and they are on the move again.
We follow.
We stop again at the next parking lot and the scenario plays out again.
I whistle.
I call.
I silently beg for that pup to stop, and turn my way.
Turn towards a life he/she could only imagine.
It is just a step away.
But nothing.
The pack turns and vanishes behind a fence and out of sight.
Taking that beautiful pure white dachshund with them.
Heartbroken.
The white dog stays on my mind and heart, unexpectedly.
Morning comes and I wait.. wait for my husband to go to work.
I am back on that city street this time at daybreak.
I look and search.
Familiar.
Mundane.
Nothing out of the ordinary.
No pure white long-haired dachshund.
Not so unexpected.

STOP.











4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that I stopped by to read your blog! Love your dogs. we have a rhodesian ridgeback . . . with quite a bit of personality. Hope you get to see the pack on another morning drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can just imagine how crushed you are. oh that little dog would live like a king or queen i bet. off the street and in a warm bed. maybe you will see it again. sorry suzanne. i know you most likely tried your hardest to rescue it. sometimes wild spirits can not be tamed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne, I wish you success in finding the fleeting pup that you wanted to save. Cone after 3:00 pm and check out my post. I think you will love what you see.

    Your five minute text was a great and clever read.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It amazes me what you seasoned 5-minute veterans can do! You and Lisa-Jo both painted such vivid mental pictures today, wow!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...