Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Salesman Button Cards

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a "dog-gone" good time each and every week!!! If you are new to this party, please take the time to read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so  please make sure you follow the instructions.  Please only ONE link per week. 

Here it is time for Vintage Thingie Thursday and well, honestly, I had nothing......nothing that I had photographed or could find had ready to be photographed.
  
So....please forgive me this one time. I am going to show some neat vintage button cards and well....plug my newly opened Etsy Shop at the same time. (See link on Left Side Bar, at bottom of page)  I promise I won't do it again, just this once. If you want to stop in and browse, there will be a link on the sidebar of my blog. As you might have guessed, THESE photos were still on my computer from adding them to the shop, so that sorta made it a little easier for me.


These are vintage button salesman show cards that were used when calling on department stores and small shops that ordered and sold buttons. These are FANTASTIC in my opinion. I love them. I think they are very unusual and fun to see how buttons were ordered for selling in stores.

I was fortunate enough to come across so many of them in one location, so I purchased all of them. I decided that some of my favorite ones would be a great addition to my sewing room....in a frame.

I love this frame, a Goodwill find a few months ago. I love it and had saved it for just the right thing....I think these two make a great statement together....the button card and the frame!

So there you have it! I love how it turned out. And I am glad to have rescued these cards from the lady that was going to toss them if they did not sell. I have several styles and cards in the shop, would make a great gift for the quilter, seamstress or button collector. Just an idea!!

Have a great Vintage Thingie Thursday.....and promise.....you won't hear me mention the shop again.....I guess it is still too new not to be exciting to me!! Thanks in advance for you allowing me this one post on the subject!!

Have a great week Everyone!! And as always, there will be a link up for next Thursday! Here in the USA it is a holiday ~ It's Thanksgiving, but I always leave a link up so if you decide to do a post next week, just so you know, a link will be up!!



27 comments:

  1. Those button cards are fabulous! I am heading over to visit your shop. Happy VTT!!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. love old buttons still on the card- the ruler frame is fantastic!
    great party....

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those button cards are wonderful. I think the framed one is perfect. I think it's OK to mention your Etsy shop once in awhile...hey it's part of who you are! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely in love with the buttons on a yard stick frame!!! Thanks for hostessing another great party, I linked up my card with vintage graphics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cards are fabulous. I was just checking them out at your shop earlier this week and drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is something so nostalgic about vintage buttons. There were two shops in NY city when I was younger that I used to frequent...all they sold were buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - a ruler framed buttons picture with real buttons too - could it have been a better match - wonderful. A keeper.
    Thanks for hosting Vintage Thingie Thursday.
    -Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection of button cards. I really like the idea of the cards framed in the ruler frame. I'm going to have to show this to my MIL, she has a sewing room with lots of buttons. She is going to love this. Hey, this turned out to be a great post, I love it.
    Happy Thanksgiving........

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome idea with those cards! I've just made your shop one of my faves!
    By the way, I see congrats are in order!!! 800 followers!!! Yee haw Girl!
    Love your shop....maybe just maybe I can find some dollars for one of those cards!!!
    Have a lovely Thanksgiving!
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your frame couldn't be more perfect. what a conversation piece! just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzanne, such a clever idea. I love it!
    Thanks for hosting. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. No doubt that was the sale you did not tell me about. You always find the best. I never saw those button samples before. Also, understand why we cannot connect, you are too involved. Glad to see you have your Etsy shop going. Best wishes for a big success with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooohhhh I love those buttons ....so wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fabulous to have the button cards. That is wonderful. LOVE the frame as well...just perfect for the buttons.Fun post! Thakns for hosting!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Suzanne, Thank You for hosting this evening....Julian

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Suzanne, I haven't joined Vintage Thingie Thursday for a while! Good to be here today!
    I love your vintage button collection! I love how you displayed it too in that cute frame! I am going to head on over to your shop to check it out!
    Hugs, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Suzanne . This is my first link up here so thank you very much for having me!

    Veronica
    Tassels Twigs and Tastebuds

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now that's the most creative idea I've seen in a while! You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WoW!!! What treasures ya found in those button cards. I do remember them. The framed card is just cute as a button! Heeehehehe!

    My little granddaughter Honer(Mini~Me) has collected buttons more than half her short life. She'd love this!

    God bless and enjoy this wonderful day!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you did a great job displaying the button cards. The frame you used is perfect!!! I hope you feel better today...Thanks for hosting the party for us each week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your button cards, they would be the perfect addition to any craft room! Thanks again for hosting and allowing us a platform to share our wares.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love what you've done with the button cards! Is that ribbon that you trimmed them with, or actual tape measure? I got some really neato ribbon from Michaels Arts n' Crafts that looks like tape measure, and made a couple of bracelets with it, but couldn't think of anything else. Trim is an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How neat. I love it! Buttons are so fun!

    Hope all is well. I've been a slacker lately!

    Danica

    ReplyDelete
  24. My first time at this party, I'm a new follower! I love it, so much awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the buttons in that sweet frame!! So cute and what a perfect addition to a sewing/Craft room!!
    Thanks so much for hosting!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...