Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Touches To a Baby Shower

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a really good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week. Lastly, if you link in, LINK back to my blog, so everyone can see all of the vintage goodies on display that day. If you don't link back here, they won't know who to visit......thanks so much.

I hosted a baby shower for my niece and had a marvelous time with the planning of all the festivities! The theme was Under The Big Top - circus theme shower and I used a few vintage things to add to the decor and re-purpose for the shower. I will have a more detailed post a few days next week and show how it all came together! But for now, here are some of the things that I used that came from vintage items. As always, clicking on photos will make them bigger.

 This is a banner that I made using photo copied pages from a vintage circus children's book that I purchased online.  This banner spelled the name of the baby....it was so cute!



 I found an elephant and giraffe at goodwill.....vintage looking brass animals from the 70's maybe.....but these quickly became decor for the mantle.


 I don't like brass at all...but painted these turned out really cute! See that circus poster????.....I gave you a sneak peek HERE and this is what I did with that poster and window......spray paint can fix up lots of ugly things really quick.


I purchased this elephant at an estate sale. It was one of those ceramic pieces from the 70's as well....and while it looked ok as it was....it was not what I really had in mind.


I used baby blue spray paint from Michaels and it made all the difference in that elephant and the planter in the middle that held cotton candy.


Here is another view of one of the tables.....


 A vintage baby planter that is a clown was the topper for this serving display. I filled the planter with suckers and it worked out really well.


The lion was a vintage fine, and embellished with felt and the initial for my new great nephew's name. 

By collecting cast off items at goodwill, thrift stores and estate sales, I was able to update them to fit right in with my theme and not break the budget. Come back next week for a more detailed look at the shower and how it all came together! 

Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday!






13 comments:

  1. What a cute baby shower! Love the vintage touches :) Thank you for hosting, Suzanne! ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute baby shower! Thanks for letting me join in on the fun!!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shower decorations. I really love the banner you made and the animals for the baby. I know it was special for you. Thanks for hosting.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just so cute! Very thrifty and vintage! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks really nice. Great idea with the painted animals x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the animals for the baby, the banner and all your decorations are adorable. Thank you for hosting yet, another great party!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun, adorable and OH SO DIFFERENT theme. It's perfect for a baby shower!!!
    Thank you for sharing all your ideas. My VERY VERY favorite is the banner!!!
    Have a fun week,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your elepant treasures - my daughter has been collecting them for 20 years!

    Thank you for hosting a truly wonderful weekly linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always, thank you for hosting and happy I could join in. What a lovely baby shower. Thank you for sharing.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great ideas, so cute and clever! Looking forward to seeing the shower pics. next. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

  11. I always enjoy going to baby showers and yours looks really cute and fun esprcially the circus in town .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an adorable theme. Love the Elephant. I bet it was a fun shower. Hugs and Blessings, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello!! This is my first visit and I've thoroughly enjoyed it! Plan to see ya again next week!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...