Monday, May 4, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake Pie

I made this pie a couple of weekends ago. I found an old cookbook for Strawberry pie and changed it up a bit for a easier, quicker version....who does not like easy and quick? Oh...and guess what? It was really good.

Partners in crime: Sugar, graham cracker crust, cool whip, Strawberry pie filling, sour cream, cream cheese, fresh strawberries.

In small mixing bowl put 4 oz. cream cheese and sugar and beat.

Beat on medium speed with electric mixer until fluffy.

Add sour cream and beat until mixed well. And yes, I did miss the middle of the bowl and have some on the sides...sorry.

Fold in Cool Whip. Mix well. Set aside. And yes, that is still the sour cream on the side of the bowl...just pretend it is not there.

Next, spread half of the can of strawberry pie filling on the pie crust.

wash strawberries and slice into small slices. Now, don't be eating these yummy sliced berries...try to resist.

Add strawberries and the rest of pie filling from can back into a small bowl and mix with a spoon until mixed well.

Fill pie crust with fresh strawberry mixture.

Now top with the whip cream mixture.

Be sure to cover all the edges. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until the pie sets.

Garnish with sliced strawberries or springs of mint. I used strawberries because I did not have any mint.

Serve and enjoy....Oh, and did I forget to mention that you can only eat one slice? It is rich and yummy...now remember...only one slice!

Oh, and do you remember my dump dishes? They are perfect don't you think for serving this wonderful pie? Yep...I knew you would agree.

Strawberry Shortcake Pie

4 oz. softened cream cheese
1/4 c sugar
1/2 c sour cream
1 can strawberry pie filling
2 cups fresh strawberries
1 1/2 cups Cool Whip
1 graham cracker pie crust.

Beat cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl until fluffy. Add sour cream. Beat. Fold in Cool Whip.

Spread half of can of strawberry pie filling in pie crust. Cut strawberries and put in a bowl. Stir remaining pie filling with the fresh strawberries and stir together well.

Fill pie crust with fresh strawberry mixture. Top with cream cheese mixture over berries.

Refrigerate for up to 4 hours or until set. Garnish and serve.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. It really is easy to make and does not take a lot of time to put together. Not to mention, it taste really good. Have a great week.

17 comments:

  1. I like the word EASY---my kind of cooking---man that looks good and I love strawberries---I think I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! That looks really good and really easy. I will have to give it a try.

    XXDenise

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOMG it looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This could be a Blue Monday post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to find some really good strawberries and make this recipe. Thank you. I looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy ! I admit to nothing... that kitchen is awful...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne...This pie sounds & looks delicious & easy! I'll be trying this for sure & SOON...
    Thanks for sharing... ;-) Bo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like it would melt in your mouth. I bet even "dogs" would enjoy this. What I would give for a big slice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! I think I'll just have to try that! Did you get my e-mail regarding my mailing address for the Family Circle magazine. If not, please let me know. I couldn't find your e-mail easily so I hope it was the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks soooo good. I'm going to be trying this recipe. Thanks. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi again Suzanne...I wanted to let you know "your pie" is in my fridge waiting to be eaten for supper...I KNOW it's going to be great, 'cuz I licked the bowl..LOL
    I used a regular baked piecrust so I hope it doesn't turn out soggy...
    but no matter, we'll eat it anyway. I did DELETE the part where you said "eat only one piece".
    Thanks again! ;-) Bo

    ReplyDelete
  12. yum, yum. That looks so good, but right now, I'm trying to single-handedly finish off a lemon cake, and a pan of brownies from this weekend--I just ate the last cinnamon streusal biscuit........

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmm! Did you save a slice for me?

    My tummy is growling now. :)

    Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe, along with beautiful photos, too.

    ~Lisa

    word verification: widest
    (lol!)
    My hips will become their widest if I eat your entire pie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Suzanne...I hate to tell you this but NO, we didn't save you a piece of YOUR pie! We each ate a slice for supper last night, a slice for breakfast (hey, it's fruit!), a slice for lunch & we'll polish it off at supper tonight...
    Mr. Bo thinks he doesn't like sour cream, but he does LOVE this pie & I even told him it is in the recipe...Yummy! Hugs, Bo

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...