Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday: Vintage Kitchen Cuties

Hello Everyone! Welcome to this weeks segment of Vintage Thingies Thursday.

Thursday is the day to showcase your vintage treasures and to share your special things with everyone.

If you are visiting and would like to join us, please do. It is very easy!
All you have to do is:
(1) do a post about something vintage.
(2) Visit all the participates and leave a comment.
(3) Link in with the Mr. Linky at the bottom of this post, please use a perma-link to link in with, that way, anyone can refer back to your post if they can not get to it on Thursday.
(4) Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, and if you like include the VTT button in your post. Please be sure to have your post up before linking in. Thanks so much.

I hope most of you got a good laugh at last weeks post about my "What was I thinking" item that I had for you too see. Don't worry, that poor skinny pup has found a forever home and we will love him!

This week, I have got to show you my Goodwill finds. Do you remember back in the 50's and 60's most every kitchen had a set of these decorated plates?

I have seen several sets like this before, but NEVER have I seen a set that was made out of vintage platters......Remember.....I collect vintage platters!

Look at this great little lady. She is so pretty in your red and black. Near perfect conditon, she is just missing a sequin or two on her dress, and those can easily be replaced. I think she looks very lady like.

Now, just look at this smoking cowboy. I would not say he looks too manly...infact, I can hear my husband calling him a Dandy!
None the less, he is a perfect match for the little lady and he is in perfect condition...smoking the cigar and all.

I think this is a rather charming pair, and would be super cute in the kitchen. I just love the platters they were made out of, very unique. This pair of vintage goodness set me back a whole $1.75 for the pair...it was half price day on housewares at Goodwill. Score!

Here are the markings on the back of the platters, both match and are identical.

I know there are several ladies who join us every week with a love for red kitchen items, just like myself. I picked these two items up at local sales. The bar mixer (at least that is what I think it is) is really nice and the colors are like new. I found the nut grinder at a local thrift shop and was thrilled it still had the plastic lid, usually I find them and the lid is missing.

I hope you enjoyed this post for Vintage Thingies Thursday. I will be out of town today, and this post was scheduled ahead of time. I will visit everyone when I return over the weekend and look forward to all your vintage goodies and commenting when I return. Have a great week everyone!

31 comments:

  1. Those are pretty cool - I like them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those platters are so adorable! I would have grabbed those up too. Your reds are great too, and will look so good in your kitchen with the platters that have some red on them. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous finds, Suzanne! I love how you got platters and red in one purchase. What a bargain, too! Hope you are enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually made some plates with a woman and a man on them back in the 70s in Bible School or as a school craft or something. I think. Unless it was a dream....I had forgotten all about those amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, I love those platters.You did great on them..and ooo, I love that red. Happy VTT..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE those vintage kitchen people!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First have fun, I was out of town last week too. Your platters are
    simply adorable! I agree it would
    be hard to find the mixer/grinder
    with all the parts, you are very
    lucky to find them in such great shape! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yes....I so remember these. I am pretty sure my mother had some. Wonder where the heck they are??
    Thanks so much for hosting this fun event, Suzanne..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those platters are so neat! Lovelovelove the red!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the red and black.
    thanks for hosting Suzanne.

    Blessings,
    Barbara Jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. I {heart} vintage kitchen stuff!!! Especially in RED!!! All of your finds are pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. g'day!

    it's my first time joining in with the vintage linkie, I can' resist it, love love love anything vintage

    love your haul, those platters are fabulous

    happy days

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't remember those but I suppose that means it really did happen and I'm just old.
    Isn't it such a great feeling when you get home with your latest find? Looks like it was happy day over there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, the red nut grinder is the one my mother had and I can still smell the walnuts. I really need to get out to a good shop and find some kitchen things again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a walk down memory lane for me! My mom had plates very similar but round with more of an early 1900's feel to the couple. She also had that nut grinder.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How unique, Suzanne...you always make stepping back in time such an adventure. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello again! Love the red kitchen items.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh! We got a set of these for a wedding present almost 40 yrs. ago!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those red kitchen goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too cute! Love all the red.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those platters just crack me up - great finds!

    I'm another fan of red kitchen items. My mom has a great collection that I've admired for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How on earth have I managed to never seen anything like those???? They are adorable!

    Thanks you so much or the doggie charm. I am wearing it as I type and simply love it.

    Also, I have to comment on the "thing" in your garden. Oh My! Freakishly weird and funny :) WTH!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My grandparents as well as myself have had these. They were on round plates and in black and white. They no longer exist, but it is hard to keep everything.

    ReplyDelete
  24. They are quite a pair. I just love the vintage kitchen thingies...;p

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a deal! I love Goodwill. I'm sure you can find a great place for them in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Vintage Kitchen Thingies are my favorite too! I posted some of my vinatge sugar and creamers this week. Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Neat plates...is so funny how all were made different. I use to have the nut grinder..sold it....
    thanks for hosting...love doint this

    ReplyDelete
  28. I had a friend whose mother had plates like those. I always admired them.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Suzanne, I'm late but I did not want to miss this week, so I just posted and added my link.
    Carrie - Oak Rise Cottage
    http://oakrisecottage.blogspot.com/2009/05/vintage-thingies-thursday-art-deco-tea.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Suzanne, I'm late but I did not want to miss this week, so I just posted and added my link.
    Carrie - Oak Rise Cottage
    http://oakrisecottage.blogspot.com/2009/05/vintage-thingies-thursday-art-deco-tea.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good find---I do remember these---as you know I still have a nut grinder like that but do not know what happened to the lid.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...