Friday, July 15, 2011

Crock-pot Creamy Green Beans and New Potatoes

This is a great recipe for summer cooking. Prepare in your crock-pot and let it go. Super easy. Super delish.



Crock-pot Creamy Green Beans and Potatoes


You will need:

2 lbs. new potatoes - small ones are really the best
1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans
1 can cream of celery soup
1 cup water
1/4 cup Dijon mustard (any variety will do)
3/4 - 1 teaspoon dried dill
dash black pepper



How to:

Wash potatoes and place in crock-pot. Next snip off ends of fresh green beans and snap in half, add to the crock-pot. In a separate bowl, add soup, water, mustard, black pepper and dill, mix well. Add to the veggies in crock-pot and give everything a stir to mix well.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-5 hours or until beans and potatoes are tender. Stir well before serving.



This is great as a meal all by itself. I added a little sliced cantaloupe with mine. It is a easy side dish for pork chops or chicken as well.....best part is, fresh veggies without heating up the kitchen in the summertime!! Enjoy!


This is linked to Foodie Friday Today.

9 comments:

  1. What an easy way to have a tasty supper. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, easy and cool:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Sounds great! I love summer veggies, but I hate heating up the kitchen.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just what I needed.I have tons of green beans and did not know what I could do with them aside from the ordinary. We will have this this weekend. Can't wait. great recipe. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made me want this meal, it looks so delicious. Nothing better than fresh veggies in the summertime. Thanks for sharing your recipe. I'll make it next week.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so delicious. I wrote it down. I am going to a picnic in a few weeks where everyone brings a dish of some sort and I think this is going to be mine. This is a great way to get those veggies in and these two are my all-time favorites, beans and potatoes!! YUMMY!! Thank you, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I end up getting more than 9 green beans, this would be a good one to try-lol

    I really don't remember how I ended up here, but love your blog...looks like a lot of great stuff going on here.

    I would love for you to check out The Blogging Buddies Social Network
    ...you can create a profile, and add your blog, Twitter and Facebook links in the appropriate groups.

    We also have featured members each week, which are promoted on 2 twitter and facebook accounts, and on the site itself. And they get a FREE week of advertising on the site and in my newsletter.


    If you want, you can go to the Get visitors page and request to join a dedicated group. These groups have up to 10 bloggers that visit each others blogs and leave comments.

    Why not join in the blog-hopping fun?

    Carolee
    Come on home - mom blog
    Working at home advice

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually buy garnet yams rather than spuds[Aussie for 'taters] but I do like red potatoes-I roast them with olive oil, S&P & fresh rosemary!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...