Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday:Vintage In The Garden

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a "dog-gone" good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so  please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week.  


This week I have some pictures to share of some of my vintage things in the garden. I never, EVER spend money on new pots, or garden decor....I prefer old, rusty, junky stuff to fill my gardens. I love the feel the old rusty stuff brings to the garden, reminds me of old country roads and fields of flowers.....however, with the heat we are experiencing...my flowers are not reminding me of fields of flowers these days...more like fields burned up!!

I have a few plant stands like these. The one on the left is what I call an old mexican stand. Both of these were roadside finds...totally free.....old, junky, perfect.

I like to use containers of all sorts to hold my flowers. An old galvanized pot holds my Rosemary and vintage old sap buckets hold lots of flowers.

And scattered throughout....lots of vintage things......I seriously need a dog in my flowerbeds made from JUNK.....Hint * Hint * you know who you are......haha.

I also have a few things waiting to be re-purposed into something wonderful....this caused quiet an argument with my husband...He more or less ORDERED me not to be hauling stuff in my new car....OK....whatever.....these old mattress bed springs are going to be really cute when I have time to do something with them! Psst....my husband never knows what kind of fabulous junk I am going to haul home....good thing I have lots of hiding spots!

I have vintage iron lawn chairs that belonged to my mother in law. They are green and really need to be repainted...but I found this old iron table with glass top, it is white and chippy and green paint is coming through so I have just left it for now....a painted old tea kettle sits at the base of the table.

And since I don't have my junky, adorable dog made from scrap junk....Bailey will have to do...she wishes to remind you to stop and smell the flowers.....vintage style!!! Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday!!!



18 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne! I love all of your old "junk"! Wish you lived closed by so we could haul junk together. My hubby told me that I need to either sell or give away some of my "junk". Can you believe he would say that??? Give sweet Bailey a big smooch from me and one from Bentley too. Thanks for hosting!!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old galvanized anything too. I think your very creative in your ideas. Wish you would share some hiding places, I'm all out. I've been found out!

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ALL of your vintage, rusty, chippy garden items, Suzanne! And Bailey makes a nice addition to the scenery. ;)

    I posted about my garden, too.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh flowers in vintage containers makes for a pretty sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your vintage thingies! Pretty plants in tins, so beautifully rustic...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. using old things is great! They look great and they are 'repurposed' and kept out of the landfill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne, all your galvanized metal, and china bits and pieces in the garden are really wonderful. It adds so much interest.
    For some reason, there is no title showing on your post. So I was not able to link directly to this post. I just linked to your blog, cuz that was all I could do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who has secret storage places in their car for thrifty acquisitions. I completely get "it". Thanks for another fabulous party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden pots are great. I've always loved galvanized buckets and such even before it was so sought after. There's something so real about it all. Great post and lovely garden.
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to see vintage finds in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your vintage in the garden is so wonderful. Our last home I also had lots of hiding spots but this house doesn't have any...Oh well. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzanne! I love your vintage thingy's in the garden. Anything can have flower in it, on it, or around it. As for Hubby...he's lucky...my poor one helped me lug home a vintage Tappen stove.....LOL..it will be an outdoor serving table/andor potting bench..whenever I find the right spot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE it! The old, chippy, fun stuff is just great--and you've arranged and creatively used SO WELL. I think the juxtaposition of bed springs with morning glory would be whimsical. . .
    Your party is one of my absolute FAVORITE. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of your rusty vintage garden containers!!! Why does rust looks so good with green? Thanks for the party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello dear Suzanne,

    I love all of your fabulous garden goodies! I had to laugh when I read the one about the mattress springs, and your hiding spots! lol I too, use the galvanzied things in my garden. My latest find, was a vintage coffee pot, and hubby screwed it to a stick, and I have flowers in it. You can see it here. http://pinkrosesandteacups.blogspot.com/2011/06/creative-gardening.html

    I also read your post about the birthday cards. What a sweet story. I love this idea! I am going to check out the details.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I look for things like that but they never turn up, and the ones that do are all shabby and no chic :) Love seeing your dog in posts!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey hey, happy it's not 100-degrees in Virginia today to you! I'm linked up with my slipcover tutorial and looking forwarding to visit the other beautiful and/or delicious items linked by others. Thanks for hostessing the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am just getting caught up on your blog.

    Your post about the senior made me cry too. I need to participate!!!! I love making people feel special.

    Danica

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...