When I sat down at the sewing machine this morning, I was certain I'd finish all the sashing for this quilt. I had all the strips cut and ready to go. Once I started sewing and cutting, I soon discovered this......
See how the left side is a little incomplete?? Yep, true....I am out of that pink sashing fabric. I started with 3 yards and really thought it was enough.....nope.....4.25 inches short. **Good Grief**
I had looked for this same pink fabric from the Sweet Divinity by Riley Blake on line a couple of weeks ago and there were several shops that had some still in stock.....tonight.....after much searching...I found one shop that had it......ONE.....I ordered two yards. I know it is more than what I need, but I have not decided on binding or if I need extra borders or not.....better safe than sorry.
What do you think?? Does this need borders or just let it stand on its own? If I scrap the border idea, what to use for the binding??.....as always decisions, decisions....and please tell me I am not the only one to get this far in a quilt and discover one has used up all the fabric they had on hand and not having enough to finish. Please tell me I am not the only one to have to frantically search online for fabric to finish.
On a side note: my husband said I had plenty of pink fabric, just find something I had in the closet that sorta matched and use that.....um.......thanks, but NO........that will not do! :-)
I can not believe I ran out of fabric, and more, how much of that pink Sweet Divinity fabric it took for the sashing.....I am going to go sew that last that I have into sashing now, and wait till the end of the week to finish all the sashing strips. It is almost the end of January, and this is not finished, and the other quilt has not even begun to be put together or finished. My goal is to finish both by my Birthday in March....I don't know about making it....I am sure gonna try.....after all, I did not spend the whole last year piecing blocks for both of these Jubilee quilts to stall now at the finish....I have got to get busy!
Renovation Diary: Operation Sunlight
3 hours ago