Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Gardens

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a "dog-gone" good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week. Lastly, if you link in, LINK back to my blog, so everyone can see all of the vintage goodies being showed that day. If you don't link back here, they won't know who to visit......thanks so much.

Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday and a Happy Thanksgiving to all here in the United States. Today, I decided to be a little different with my post. Seems to fit the bill for a lot that is different around here this year. So, please indulge me this one time for straying from the usual post on Vintage day.

I'd like to share with you some photos I took last weekend at the Fort Worth Japanese Gardens. It was beautiful with the trees turning, truly stunning.

These gardens have been here for many years, so I do believe they do count for a vintage thingie. I remember them being there when I was a little girl, but history dates back long before that. During the depression years, the city paid workers out of work $2.00 a week to come and work in the gardens, making new ones, and clearing land.

These gardens are very peaceful to walk through, and was a much needed break from all the goings on in life today.

I know most of you are busy cooking, celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow. Our Thanksgiving will be a bit different this year. It will be just Steve and I.......this is a first......ever.

Jeff and Alisha both have to work, and won't be here for Thanksgiving. So I guess that means no cooking for me! I told Steve I was not going to cook, as we will have Thanksgiving over the weekend, when hopefully both my kids can make it home. Maybe we will have chips and dip....or go out to eat.

Of course that does not sit well with my very traditional husband.....but that is just the way it is. I think it will be a good day for me  to spend sewing and Steve can spend it in front of the TV...minus all the food!

I am very thankful for my family, both my kids are doing so great, they have good jobs, and are making their way in the world......I just wish they were a bit closer these days, but they are happy and that is what is important.

I hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends......enjoy the simple things in life, for those are truly the most important.

I'll be back next week, with true to fashion something vintage to offer. Remember there may not be too many to link in today, as most will be cooking and preparing for a large feast....that my husband does not want to wait till the weekend to have....haha.

Have a wonderful holiday, and if you are brave enough to hit the shopping mall on Black Friday, have a great time fighting the crowds and crazies. I used to love to do that, but these days, not so much...it almost is not worth it to me...but back when I was younger...I was slinging buggies with the best of them!! Have a great Vintage Thingie Thursday everyone!!



20 comments:

  1. The gardens are stunning and your photos are great!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne thank you for sharing such beautiful gardens. The colors are stunning. I'm going to cook tomorrow but it will be just Mr ALC and I! Enjoy your day and thank you for hosting one of my favorite parties!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Suzanne, Wishing you and your family a HAPPY THANKSGIVING And also Thank Youfor hosting today.....Julian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been here several times, but never in the fall. It is pretty anytime, but now breathtaking. You made some really good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are amazing colors. I wish we had something like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving!!! I LOVE the gardens in your post today, as I look out my window it's Winter Gray out there! I think you and Hubby should go OUT an dine tomorrow!
    Hugs to you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely gardens!

    Happy Turkey Day to you and yours,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful gardens particularly with the blazing Autumn colors.

    Once our kids grow up things change and there's not much we can do. There is still plenty to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the photos are gorgeous!!!!! great colors..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures, thanks for taking us on the tour with you. Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful restful day. I'm not cooking this year, although I kind of wish I were. I really enjoyed your post and I hope you have a lovely day and get to see your kids this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving, sweet friend.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful gardens. such a beautiful place. happy thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW what picture perfect gardens! i'm going to save your lovely pics because i'm creating a Japanese themed garden near a small dam on my property and i want a bridge just like the one in your photo. whether i get one like it, or just two planks across the dam, will remain to be seen LOL!! Happy Thanksgiving x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Japanese garden! The color of the trees are amazing! Great photos! Happy Thanksgiving to y'all!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Suzanne! Those are gorgeous pictures...thank you for sharing! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    HaPpY vInTaGe ThInGiE tHuRsDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning pics! Happy Thanksgiving Suzanne!!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love gardens also! So the idea of vinatge gardens are great.

    Click on my label gardens on my blog to see some more, if you want to. :)

    I enjoy your blog but rarely have time to comment. I hope you understand.

    http://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/2010/11/harvest-plates.html

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...