Friday, May 20, 2011

The Little Engine That Could Quilt

A month or so ago, I was asked to make a quilt for an upcoming new baby boy. Of course I was so glad to have done so, it is always so fun starting a new project!!

This was made from the fabrics with the Little Engine That Could theme. I thought they were fun and so colorful.

Here is the back.....I love the train engine stripe going across the back of the quilt. I love how it turned out!

I really have been busy quilting!!! In fact....quilting A LOT!!! I hope to be able to show more of what I have been working on soon!! Just because you have not seen too much crafty things going on....does not mean they are being worked on behind the scenes!!!

I hope the new parents enjoy this quilt! I like how it turned out!!

10 comments:

  1. What a handsome quilt and keepsake. It's just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt, I'm sure it will be loved. I've just started trying to quilt. Am wanting to do a dinosaur quilt for my 2 year old grandson. Found some different ones to cut out online. Having a hard time on colors I want to do it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of your best pieces of work. Love it and feel the recipient will also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt. You are so talented! I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it....that's one of my most favorite little stories! It's a positive one to encourage children! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific quilt! Love the bright colors, colorful borders and that train just chugging its way across the back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne,
    Your quilt is amazing! I have a four year old grandson who is so into Thomas the Train that he would love something like this...as I'm sure the baby boy who will sleep under your quilt will. Beautiful job!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzanne, you are a talented lady! I wish I knew the fine art of quilting. We have three new babies in our phamily this year, one here last week and two on the way!Great gift! SO beautiful and personal. Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't posted on your blog forever but am trying to catch up! That quilt is so cute and perfect for a little boy! So how are Sofie, Bailey and Dora, doing? I ask because I am a dachshund lover and we have one, Nico!!! Loving catching up on your blog! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great quilt! I'm sure it will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...