Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Yellow Dishes

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a "dog-gone" good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so  please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week.  

Lastly, if you link in, your post needs to include:
1. the LINK back to my blog and or the button for Vintage Thingie Thursday. I have been visiting lately and when I click on a link, there is no mention of Vintage Thingie Thursday or my blog. 

2. make sure your post has something to do with something vintage. All advertisements will be deleted. If you'd like to advertise on my blog, email me, we can work that out. No more free advertising by linking in.  Shame on those who do this, nothing is free in life.


Starting this month, if you fail to either have the button on your blog, or in your blog post and/or have not linked back to my blog in your post. I will delete your link. 

It is not fair to those who follow the rules to allow others not to do so. I am not being ugly, but rules are rules.....in all aspects of life. So if you find your link removed, check your post, you need to see why that happened. Hopefully, I won't have to do that. 


________________________________________________

This week I have a few vintage pieces in a yellow theme. I usually don't gravitate to yellow as a rule, but these are not the normal things and to me, they are quiet special.

I really can not remember where I spotted this sweet yellow plate. I love the crazing and the delicate roses on the handles of the plate. Believe me when I said I snatched this up so fast it was not even funny. I know I did not pay more than a dollar or so for this plate.

The yellow basket was a GW wind I paid 50 cents for this basket. To me, it was a real buy. I have seen these before on someone's blog, and they had all four of the baskets in different colors. I only found one, but always keep an eye out for more!

This is the marking on the back of the little basket. I thought is was rather unusual, so I decided to include a photo of it.

This little platter is really rather small in size. It is about 7 inches long, and I like the pattern. Of course, it has its fair share of yellow too.

Hope the sunny yellow vintage goodies bring a bright spot to your day!! Have a great week and enjoy each and every day!



25 comments:

  1. Very cute plates! You'll be proud of my new (to me, vintage for real) table cloths! They're awesome! I plan to link up to this in a week or so! :) I'm so excited to actually have something to post on here!! Yahoo!!
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. And also I meant to say I will link to the next one you do, because we're in the process of moving and they're packed up. I didn't mean I'm linking to this particular one. That would be silly. lol!
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne! I don't usually "gravitate" to yellow either, at least not in the past. I have noticed however, that I am liking it more and more! If I run across one of those baskets in a different color, I will send it to you. Thanks for hosting!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first plate with the little flowers is precious! I can see why you'd gravitate toward it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow is a cheerful color, for sure! And your sunny yellow thriftin' treasures are terrific, Suzanne.

    Thanks for hosting!

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pretty yellow vintage pieces! Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My grandparents had a set of corn dishes (like your platter). I have happy memories of eating off from them in their breakfast nook. I love anything yellow. Beautiful dishes. Thanks for always hosting a fabulous party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love yellow plates! I finally have a vintage thing to link up. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Love your yellow dishes. I had never had any until recently and I've discovered JUST How WONDERFUL yellow dishes go with JUST about everything! I REALLY REALLY Love the first platter... Thank you so much for sharing and hosting...
    Have a wonderful holiday weekend,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your yellow dishes. I always thought yellow was such a happy and very springie looking, such a fun color! Your table looks great! Thank you for hosting this lovely party too. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never had yellow dishes. The color does not matter, it is what you serve on them. Anything you cook would be delicious on them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't really usually gravitate toward yellow either... But I am more and more. I love that first little plate! :)

    Thank you for hosting! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cheery yellow. The yellow basket would be cute sitting on a picnic table this summer for snacks. They are all pretty dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What special finds! I love yellow for summer time fun! The pretty wheat pattern is wonderful and I love the unique basket! I'm linking! YAHOO! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so lovely! I really like the basket one! So neat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Suzanne! Thanks for hosting this fun event ~ I've just linked up. I love your pretty yellows, especially the small oval "wheat" patterned platter. I don't have much yellow in my home but am drawn to it!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  17. The second plate is beautiful! Yellow makes a nice pop with other colors.

    Visiting after seeing Junker Newbie's tweet about the party - linked up my pipe rack :) Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suzanne I'm not usually a yellow gal either but your finds are really special. Love the basket the best! Thanks for hosting one of my favorite parties each week! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Every collection (such as the baskets) starts with a first piece. I think yellow is a wonderful color for a kitchen and dishes. It is not very common.

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice yellow plates I love yellow too. My mom had these beautiful yellow plates in the 50-60's that I remember. I wonder where they are today???

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, I just love looking at all these treasures. I love the plates. They're like art pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm in love with vintage lately! I entered a post and am now a new follower!
    Thanks for hosting! I'd love for you to stop by my blog sometime!

    Kaitlin
    notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your garden is really lloking nice! I love your little tennis frog and the farm implement sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The first plate is so sweet. I don't normally lean toward yellow, but I would certainly have reached for that plate. It's gorgeous and yellow is a happy color!!! Thanks for the party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yello is such a cheery color! I really like your little yellow wheat platter.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...