Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Button Holder

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a "dog-gone" good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so  please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week.  

Lastly, if you link in, your post needs to include:
1. the LINK back to my blog and or the button for Vintage Thingie Thursday. I have been visiting lately and when I click on a link, there is no mention of Vintage Thingie Thursday or my blog. 

2. make sure your post has something to do with something vintage. All advertisements will be deleted. If you'd like to advertise on my blog, email me, we can work that out. No more free advertising by linking in.  Shame on those who do this, nothing is free in life.


Starting this month, if you fail to either have the button on your blog, or in your blog post and/or have not linked back to my blog in your post. I will delete your link. 

It is not fair to those who follow the rules to allow others not to do so. I am not being ugly, but rules are rules.....in all aspects of life. So if you find your link removed, check your post, you need to see why that happened. Hopefully, I won't have to do that. 


________________________________________________

Today, I'd like to show off one of my mothers day gifts. My daughter surprised me beyond belief with her crafty ability on my gift. I simply love it.

She purchased a bird feeder and buttons and added the buttons to dress it up a bit.

I was so touched that she took the time to make this super special for me knowing my taste. I was impressed that she even thought of the idea.

But...it is too cute and too special to me to put outside and let the birds pick the buttons off one by one while trying to get to bird seed.....so.....I decided to store some of my vintage buttons in the feeder and display it in my sewing room.


I just love it and it brings a smile each and every time I look at it. Perfect for storing some of my vintage buttons and allowing me to enjoy looking at the at the same time! Thanks again Alisha, very sweet and thoughtful gift! I love it.


27 comments:

  1. Suzanne! Give that girl an extra hug for me! This is just about the cutest idea I have seen lately. So much better than the old cookie tins full of buttons. You can see and enjoy them. Very sweet!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne,

    this is such a thoughtful gift indeed! Love that you can see your button collection!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Suzanne what an adorable way to use the birdfeeder!! Love it!!

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyone needs one, I am starting by own business ;-)

    glad you love it mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By now, you should realize we will never know what our children will or can do. She did good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzanne! Crafty kid! That is too cute. Good Luck Alisha with the new business..did you know she was following in your footsteps?
    OMG..I just realized I had an alzheimer moment ast week..I became a follower. added you to my bloglist, added you button to my side bar, but didn't mention it in my post! As a matter of fact I didn't mention any of my links....I helping with my ill father and sometimes I fall asleep at the keeboard..literally. Please forgive me.
    My name shud be Fopaugh Fannie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful gift and a very cute idea for buttons! I love it! ♥ Thanks for hosting this fun party! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it as vintage button holder. thank you for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!! She knows you well ♥ Great idea to use it to display buttons!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever and thoughtful gift. What a sweet daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried to post your button on my post, but it was giving me errors. I had to settle for a text link instead. Thanks for hosting this party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Suzanne, I adore your daughter's Mother's Day gift. It is perfectly you and so thoughtful. Your buttons inside look great. A very clever idea.
    I love this vintage party. Thanks for hosting.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yaaay, I finally had something to link up to your party again! Thanks for hosting. Love looking at vintage things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aah how lovely that your daughter knows you so well, and what a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. awww thats so lovely, great idea to use it for holding buttons, you have a super daughter :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a loving thought she had. That is just darling. Set off some sparks in my brain. I had nothing vintage for today so just updated my mother's day and Derby day to share. Thanks for being such a gracious hostess. I would not want to miss this meme.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet gesture! I really adore that bird house. May have to borrow her idea.
    Happy VTT
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is such a cute and original idea. Just love that. Birds to make a mess of the birdfeeders outside.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How clever your daughter with the bird house idea. It will always be special because she took the time to think of something her mommy would like. I like that you put it in your sewing room to enjoy.
    Thanks for hosting the meme, I'm happy to have found you.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that button bird house is adorable! Hand made gifts from our children --no matter how old they are -- are indeed special.
    This is a GREAT idea, though .. really cute!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such an adorable bird feeder and I love the buttons!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  22. So happy to have found your blog and your party ~ I just linked up! Love your button bird feeder! How sweet and clever your mom is!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know all the comments disappeared so I wanted to tell you again how cute this birdhouse is! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love that bird feeder!

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...