Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Ash Trays - For a Non Smoker

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a "dog-gone" good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so  please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week.  

Lastly, if you link in, your post needs to include:
1. the LINK back to my blog and or the button for Vintage Thingie Thursday. I have been visiting lately and when I click on a link, there is no mention of Vintage Thingie Thursday or my blog. 

2. make sure your post has something to do with something vintage. All advertisements will be deleted. If you'd like to advertise on my blog, email me, we can work that out. No more free advertising by linking in.  Shame on those who do this, nothing is free in life.


Starting this month, if you fail to either have the button on your blog, or in your blog post and/or have not linked back to my blog in your post. I will delete your link. 

It is not fair to those who follow the rules to allow others not to do so. I am not being ugly, but rules are rules.....in all aspects of life. So if you find your link removed, check your post, you need to see why that happened. Hopefully, I won't have to do that. 


________________________________________________ 

Well....blogger sure played tricks on all our post last week....let's hope this week is a little better!!!

I picked these little ash trays up at an estate sale a few months back. I loved the little flowers, but I really liked the fact that they originally came from a local store here in Ft. Worth.

And....No......I am not a smoker and these are not being used as they were intended!!

The flower is a Morning glory cactus....I loved the flowers on these.


This is what is on the back....Striplings was a department store here in Ft. Worth for a very long time. But like most things of the past, they all have closed now. In fact, at one time there were about 5 of them total I believe. I don't know if this was some sort of promotional item, but I liked that fact that is was a piece of local history.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!! Enjoy your time with friends and family!!



17 comments:

  1. What Gorgeous dishes. I never smoked and can NOT Imagine anyone putting ashes in those!!! That would be AWFUL! Well, I've entered the same post as I did last week when "It VANISHED"! Oh My! At least Blogger kept us informed that it was THEM and not us. Otherwise my computer would have landed in "SICK BAY" for no reason... Thank you for hosting and BIG HUGS to all those precious pups...
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pattern on your ash trays. They are too pretty to be ash trays. I always appreciate your blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm keeping my fingers crossed ~ no more Blogger issues this week. Love your ash trays. I don't smoke either, but the pattern on yours is sweeeet! It is a shame that your regional department store closed. It seems that all of the regionals are gone all across the country. It's just not the same shopping at the big national department stores. I still can't bring myself to call my beloved Marshall Field's Macy's. I know that Jane from Blondie's Journal can't either. Fortunately we have your weekly party to remind us of how great things used to be. Thanks for hosting!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have picked up ashtrays because some of them are works of art! These are sweet and some local history! Great find! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I wasn't following your blog! Have corrected that. Love your ashtray finds! And can't wait to find new blogs through your link party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a smoker either, Suzanne. But beauty is beauty, and repurposing is all the rage, so I buy pretty smoking paraphernalia, too. Your ashtrays are lovely!

    Thanks for hosting!

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute ashtrays. I bought some not to long ago myself, non-smoker here too.

    Just found your blog. I'm now following you & going to participate this week & hopefully in the future!

    I love taking part in these Linky parties.

    Sir Thrift-A-Lot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pattern on your ashtrays. I remember hearing my great aunt talk about Striplings in Ft. Worth years ago!! Thanks so for hosting this fun event ~ I just linked up!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are way to pretty for ash trays aren't they!!
    Sorry i wasn't able to leave a comment last week, blogger just wouldn't let me, and it's not the first time either. I also had dramas with MR Linky today..SSSOOO frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Suzanne, I posted a little something you might enjoy. At least a small part of it. Smile. I love your local collection of ashtrays. Normally I dislike anything ashtray but theses are very sweet. The history makes them more special as well. I bet they belonged to a woman. HA!

    My pup has to be groomed this morning so I'm off. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ashtray -- it's a shame its original purpose is now a bad thing, isn't it? My mother used to keep her sewing pins and hair pins, small things like that, in pretty ashtrays.

    I had a lot of trouble uploading a photo -- the link thingy kept telling me the photo was too large. Any idea how to fix this? It took four tries!

    I remember Stripling's well -- we lived in Arlington for several years, and moved to Alabama in late 1994. I didn't realize that they had closed.

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always wondered why they made ash trays so beautiful when cigarettes were just going to mess them up. I think that one day, ash trays will be a very well collected item. Yours are so pretty...happy to see that they made it through without being ruined.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did not realize that ash trys could be so pretty
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are neat. I need to find some sort of "tasteful" ashtray (if there is such a thing...) for when my mom comes over. Something like this would do nicely I think! :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. They really are quite pretty! So many department stores are gone... they all got swallowed up by the big ones. (like Macy's)

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...