Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Outside BBQ - Grilling At Nose Level.......

My son has a small charcoal grill and has left it at our house, so this past weekend my husband wanted to grill some pork chops on the little grill. Sounded like a good plan......

Until Dora woke up from her nap and thought all her dreams had finally come true. She was quick to agree that this was the best plan she had seen all weekend long. She was quick to alert Sophie and Bailey too....I mean, it is not every day that you can actually see the food cooking at eye level.....poor thing.

They sniffed.....and sniffed.....and sniffed......thinking for sure it must be a mistake and could not wait for my husband to walk back inside. Once he walks inside....that food is fair game!! The quickest one here gets the prize!

Dora was sneaking around that little grill just looking for a cool spot....she is the food stealer of all the bunch....she is smart too.....but she could not or would not get past the heat from the charcoal....thank goodness.

Finally, she looked at my husband as it to ask..."What is up with this? I see the food....I smell the food....but I darn well can not get to the food....This is not how this should have worked out."

Finally, she sees that the pork chops are coming off the grill and on to a plate! Yep, she knows those plates well...very easy to steal bites off of those plates if someone leaves them laying around.

We always use the big grill, and the dogs stand there and sniff the air just hoping for a bite....this was more like torture for them.....

Poor Dora just looked in disbelief that her "would be" supper was right there in front of her nose, cooking and smelling divine.....and just like that it was over.....no bites were to be had! I honestly don't think they appreciated us cooking at their nose level this meal.....sorta felt sorry for them. Don't worry, they did get a small bite.....just was not the whole pork chop they were hoping for!

16 comments:

  1. LOL! I can so see my two doing the same thing. Thanks for the story - it brought a smile to my face this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was definitely some MAJOR doggie torture. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless their hearts. I'm glad they got a bit of the meat though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos made me laugh! So cute but poor babies it was torture for them. I'm glad they got a bite or two. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord help this lady. She has a bad case of "dachshund" fever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely can relate and think like a Dachshund:) I could feel their excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was the "CUTEST POST EVER"!!! The grill has short legs like them so it made it "EXTRA CUTE"! Oh yes, our babies LOVE Summer Grilling!
    Thank you SO Much for sharing.
    Hugs to you AND the Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was the "CUTEST POST EVER"!!! The grill has short legs like them so it made it "EXTRA CUTE"! Oh yes, our babies LOVE Summer Grilling!
    Thank you SO Much for sharing.
    Hugs to you AND the Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwwww! Poor little guys! Such a cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. This is all new to me. I may be a big flop. HA!

    My husband & I love country music. We got to concerts all year long. If you follow me very much on my blog, you will probably see pics & hear lots of comments about our favorite singers.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad their little noses didn't get burned

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is so funny. Glad you shared it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too funny! Don't you love how you can almost tell exactly what they're thinking based on their expressions... of course, I am VERY thankful that mine cannot talk... there is no telling what they would say! (I'm sure demanding what I'm eating would be on the TOP of their list! lol)
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...