Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Vintage Thingie Thursday : More Vintage Dachshunds


Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a "dog-gone" good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week. Lastly, if you link in, LINK back to my blog, so everyone can see all of the vintage goodies being showed that day. If you don't link back here, they won't know who to visit......thanks so much.

It is always touching when other let you know they think of you. That happened to me a couple of weeks ago when my friend stopped off at my house one afternoon with a little surprise. Her and her husband had been out of town celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary and while browsing some antique places, she came across this little spotted dachshund and purchased it for me. I was so touched and thrilled to add this sweet puppy to my collection of dachshund things. Patti, thank you again, I will treasure this as I do our friendship.

Look at his sweet face and all those adorable spots! I just love it. I think this is a cracker server, but it would also serve well as a olive tray or cheese tray too....only problem is, if it loves cheese the way my three "real" pups do, the cheese might not last too long!

This little pup is a ring holder. One afternoon my daughter and I were at a local Goodwill looking around and I snatched this up right away. This reminds me of my Sophie!! When we went up to pay, there was a young guy checking people at the register and another young guy helping him bag.....

.....when he picked this up to ring it up, he looked at it and sorta laughed and nudged the guy who was helping him bag things....I told him to not laugh at my little dog!!! He just looked and smiled....most likely thought what is that "Hot" girl going with this crazy women........I love it and this was a real bargain for 50 cents.

I found this cute little skunk recently as well at Goodwill. That day, there was a lot of old souvenir items on the shelves, from plates, salt and pepper shakers, little boxes and little animals. I think this little skunk was one of those from the collection that ended up on the shelves of GW. The sticker was worn off, but it is still stamped Japan on the bottom. I felt bad leaving this cute little figurine behind, so it came home too and sits on the shelf in my laundry room. There is always room in my house for orphans of all kinds!

Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday everyone. I hope your day is filled with love and laughter and wonderful fall weather wherever you may be.



31 comments:

  1. The pups are adorable...you have some sweet friends. And the skunk is a cutie, too!!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very cute! I've never seen a ring holder like that. I think your little skunk looks like he needed a good home :-)

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic vint. Dachsies! Love them. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for having me today-I am joining in for the first time! I have seen so many people joining in with your meme every week I am so happy to be finally linking up.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just what you needed, more dogs. When someone loves them as you do, guess you cannot get too many. I like the spotted one that is for crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Suszanne...I just love playing in your fun meme..
    I didn't have a LOT of vintage today but a few olden dishes so I hope they are enuf to allow me to play. :))

    I love all these little doggies...I know you will enjoy them/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne!
    I think of you now whenever I see Dachshunds! I love the little spotted one, so much fun and so unique. Your skunk is adorable ... what was that cartoon character??? Pepe LePew!
    Happy VTT,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne, I like the collection of pups. They are too cute. Thank you for hosting today...Julian

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute. I always pick up little animals in the thrift shops but have run out of room. They are quite collectable.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! I do see the resemblance between the ring holder and Sophie. Of course, Sophie is much cuter. ;)

    Thanks for hosting, Suzanne.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't get enough of those great little guys. I always feel so lucky to happen upon them and give them a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzanne, The two doggies are adorable and what a sweet friend to think of you. The little skunk is a cutie too. Thanks for hosting.
    xoxo, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the dogs. The skunk is appealing too, but I never would have guessed it was a skunk. It looks so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suzanne,
    I love your little guy that is a ring holder!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these finds. That cracker server is just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I collect figure flower pots and have never seen one like that before! cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cute gift from your friend. You know I love my orphans and your skunk is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What sweet finds you have made. I am in love with that ring holder! Thanks for hosting today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a cutie to add to your sweet doggie collection..LUCKY you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. You always find such great buys. I was at our GW this week and they wanted $1.99 for a pint mason jar (it was new lol) You just wonder sometimes who prices these things. Have a great week. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Suzanne,
    I am so pleased to be joining you for Vintage Thingie Thursday! You have a very warm and chic blog,that I discovered very recently. I look forward to visiting more.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think I'm missing out on a lot of things by not going to the Goodwill store. I love everything you found there. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  23. What fun to visit every week and see so many vintage treasures and how we use these items to decorate our home. I think I did every thing right this week with the wonderful Mr. Linkey.
    Thanks for inviting us in to so many lovely homes Sharon K

    ReplyDelete
  24. Suzanne...love the doxies and that little skunk. I can see how he could charm you into taking him home :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adorable dachshunds, just like your real ones! It's such a neat thing when friends "get" what you like and surprise you like that.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're orphans are adorable. What a special friend you have. These are the only kind of animals I can have, I'm allergic to all pet dander!!!! I enjoying seeing everyone elses pets from a distance.
    Happy VTT
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adorable finds - love the skunk.

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE the spotted fellow in the first picture. He is adorable.
    One of my treasured childhood possessions was a china dachshund, about 6-inches long. She had tiny china puppies, and they were attached to her with little gold chains. I don't know why but I adored this nutsy bit of kitsch, and I wish I knew what happened to it!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  29. My 2 favorite parties are yours and Wednesday is Rednesday. But yours especially. I am thrilled to see what others share for vintage especially the Pyrex. Thank you for doing it each week.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...