Monday, February 7, 2011

Begging Quilt Project - Update: Progress being made!

Finally.....I know, you guys have been looking for an update on this begging quilt project of mine. It's not that I have not been working on it, it is just that it has taken me forever to get to a point that I actually felt like I was making progress!

In case you are new here, and wonder what in the world I am talking about, you can go here and here to catch up if you want to.

Here is a picture of all the squares once they had been cut, counted and sewn into segments of two. After all the fabric was received from the generosity of all you guys, and what I started with, I ended up with 4574 two inch squares. WOW.

Once all of the squares were sewn into 2's, I sewed them into rows of eight. Each block will be made up of 64 squares. Here is the start of that step as you see in the picture.

Here are the rows of eight layed out on the floor. Oh, I love all the colors. It is fun to see squares and remember where and who sent them, and yes, I do remember most of them.....well. at least a lot of them.

Here on my design wall is three of the blocks sewn together. Now, don't get too excited, I only have three done, and have a long way to go, but there is progress. I am still amazed at the generosity of all my blogging buddies who contributed to this project, it is so heartwarming to work on this quilt. I just love it already, hopefully, after all the work is done, I'll still be saying that. Haha.

13 comments:

  1. I think this is going to be the coolest quilt! All the different fabrics and also so much love sewed into it! I was so happy to send you some fabrics from my Mom's stash~ hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic! I love all the colors! I bet that takes a lot of pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that is amazing. it is going to look fantastic. I love scrappy quilts! They tell a story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit, I clicked on the photo to enlarge it and see if any of my squares were there. I saw 2 that I recognize. Very cool. I still haven't done anything with all of my squares from the Y2K swap. Maybe your quilt will inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot imagine having the patience to do this. I love it, and this one is definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a monumental task! I cannot imagine taking something like that on. You are not only talented but a very brave soul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, oh my, and I thought my 608 half-square triangles were alot. Your quilt is going to be beautiful. I just love scrappy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME! :o) I read KatieQ's comment and went back to click on the photo to see if I could find some that I sent too heehee (I think I saw some...but then again...I don't remember some of the ones that I did send!)

    That is fun!!! Great job!!! I love, love, love scrappy quilts. thank you for stopping over to look at one of mine.

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's looking fantastic. I love the way all the little prints go together so well. It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking wonderful! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, my friend, I just dug through my copious stack of shoe boxes containing my infamous two inch treasures (squares), and pulled out sets for THREE (I may be crazy) more of these fun quilts. Three for my great-nieces, probably for Christmas so lots of time, right? Smaller than the last 4 though, only 7x7 feet I think.

    Are you finding you are now obsessed with saving and cutting these little gems out of everything you own? I am thinking of starting a support group...

    - Mary, The Curious Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  12. wanted to take a peek through your quilting button to see if yo uposted more about this one :o) Oh and I LOVE your quilts...especially your "making ends meet" quilt!

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...