Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Holiday Decor

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a "dog-gone" good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week. Lastly, if you link in, LINK back to my blog, so everyone can see all of the vintage goodies being showed that day. If you don't link back here, they won't know who to visit......thanks so much.

Since I totally forgot what day it was...I am posting a rerun from a couple of years ago......sorry about the slip up.....so much to do.....so little time!! 

I'd like to show you my tree that I have in my sewing room, it is surrounded with lots of vintage goodies. It makes it so fun to go into this room and look at all my vintage Christmas treasures.


 The vintage suitcases make a great table for the tree and its goodies underneath.

 Here is a close up of vintage tablecloths, napkins, aprons and hankies.

 That sweet little box was a gift from my Secret Santa, Deborah a couple of years ago.....I just love it!

A vintage quilt flimsy serves as the tree skirt, with a few vintage treasures that mean a lot to me.

Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday!! Have a great week.



21 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne, I love your pink tree and your display of Christmas linens. It wonderful that you have the space to hang them up for display. Love it that you still love the box too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea to put the tree on stacked suitcases! I love the pink tree!!! Thanks for hosting this party each week! Since I love vintage this is the best party for sure! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pretty Christmassy-vintage things! I have a Santa Claus that I received on my first Christmas, which I suppose makes it rather vintage. I should share a picture of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHRISTmas Blessings from my mountain top to your home…May it be the best one ever..Hugs and Love Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vintage suitcases. Thanks for hosting this fab party! Have a Merry Christmas!!!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your vintage pink tree! How neat! Thanks so much for hosting and best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and New Year!
    Cheers!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne, Is your linky working today?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that pink tree... I remember mom having a silver tree...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your vintage linen collection is stellar! I love it! And what a perfect arrangement for a corner...so colorful and fun! Thanks for hosting all these parties and Merry Christmas!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I have one of those vintage table cloths, but it's not one of the ones you posted. I also saw these really neat looking glasses at Good Will yesterday, but I'm not sure if they were vintage or just looked it. I didn't buy them. They were green glass and had Santas on them.
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute tree, did you have one like this when you were young? Or did you finally get you one to fulfill a girlhood dream? I always wanted a silver one with the spinning colored spotlight... well, I did, now I don't. Happy Thursday. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Suzanne, I am glad you re-posted because I didn't see this before. Your pink tree looks a lot like mine. Your corner looks very festive and the suitcases are very clever. Love your collection of vintage linens and the cute display under your tree sets everything off perfectly.

    Christmas blessings and love to you and yours.
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your vintage linens! It's always a thrill to find a pretty Christmas tablecloth or napkins! Happy holidays to you! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for becoming a reader to Amish Stories, and id like to wish you and your family a mery Christmas and a happy new years. Richard

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Christmas! I am sharing both my Pretty Paper Christmas Trees Decor and my Cedar Xmas Garland. They were very easy to make and didn't cost much of the green stuff. Plus, they are pretty cute and vintage looking. Thanks for hosting another party and hope you have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm completely smitten with your vintage linens and how you've displayed them. I can't wait to visit everyone's blogs.

    Merry "vintage" Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for hosting. I am following and have a link back on my blog. Seasons Best Wishes
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore those vintage linens! They just sing Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love love love the pink christmas tree! its my favorite color. great ideas for vintage thursday! i hope you and your family have a wonderful, safe and vintage holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My heart started pumping when I saw the vintage linens but it just about jumped out of my chest when I spotted that sweet spotted dog!

    If you have a minute today please stop by my blog and vote for your favorite gingerbread house. The 2 oldest grandsons and their girly-friends came by to decorate them while I enjoyed watching all the fun. Of course I took pictures of the whole process. I'd like this to become a tradition.

    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your little pink Christmas tree...

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...