Friday, December 2, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Tired

Today I'm linking up to Lisa-Jo aka the gypsy mama, who chooses a topic every Friday and writes for five minutes. 
Only five minutes
And the rule is that whatever you write about in that five minutes is what you posts. No editing your thoughts. Today, her topic choice is "Tired....."
Ready. Set. Go......

Tis the season to be......tired! That is the running anthem for so many this time of year. So much to do, so little spare time to do it in. For so many years, the holidays passed in a blur and when they were over, I was left with the feeling of resentment for all the things I had to do and then suddenly it was over. Where is the enjoyment in that? I thought about that just this past week as I sank down in my chair to watch a television program and felt more tired than ever. It had been a long day, and I had tried to get a lot done but in the end, felt defeated and worn out.


For me, I decided multitask many of the holiday extras. Holiday baking is a must but requires extra time. So, I will cook one meal and turn it into two for the week. The second night will be reserved for baking instead of cooking. Not doing anything extra...just doing something different with my time. Wrapping gifts also will be multitasked. Instead of sitting in my comfy chair watching a television program, I will be at the table wrapping a few gifts or filling out holiday cards. Working on things a little at a time instead of waiting till the last minute. Planning shopping trips with a list of what I am needing and where I want to go and sticking to that list. Cutting out the extra stops to just see what they might have because my reality is, I waste a lot of time that way. Most importantly, letting go of all the things I stack up against myself to must-do when the reality of it is, I could do without some of it.


I've made a list of what is important and what I need to get done and am chipping it away a little at a time. Unmounted pressure to be all,  do all,  accomplish all during the holiday season is not what this time of year is all about. The reality is sometimes less is more....it saves time for important things. It really is a time to slow down and enjoy all the magic surrounded by the Christmas season. I don't want to be so busy and so tired, that I miss the beauty that only this time of year can bring. I don't want to miss the magic....Stop.


2 comments:

  1. sick and tired of being sick and tired

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic reminder and great tips on stretching ones time. I agree with you, less is sometimes better. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...