Sunday, November 4, 2012

Secret Santa Soiree - Swap Open


It's NEVER to early to start thinking about Christmas...

The signups for the SSS are below. PLEASE before you sign up, read the directions in their entirety and make sure you are able to participate.

Signups run through Nov. 9th or when we reach the allotted number of swappers, which this year will be 50. 


If you want to show the bloggy world you are participating and send some folks this way to join in the fun, there are some buttons to grab at the bottom of the page.  I have no idea how to add a code to these for the link part, so you will have to add the photo and link it back to this post. IF anyone does know how to do that and wants to help a technical challenged blogger out, let me know!!

This is going to be A LOT of fun and I am so glad you all want to be part of the Second Secret Santa Soiree hosted here at The Coloradolady...so on with the show...

*How It Works*

You will need to sign up below. ( Please when putting in your link, completely fill out the link part with your name, blog address and EMAIL address.)  Feel free to spread the word of our Secret Santa Soiree here at The Coloradolady. This will be limited to the first 50 bloggers who sign up. The cut off time to sign up is Friday November 9th. ALL PACKAGES NEED TO BE IN THE MAIL BY December 5th. (earlier if you are shipping to an international swapper)

*411*

1) You must have a blog so that when your gift(s) start rolling in you can post pics and blog your lil ♥ out about how GREAT your Secret Santa Soiree exchange partner is. Some folks did not do this last year after I begged them to do so. If you failed to do this part of the swap, I am sorry, but you won't be able to join this year. This is one of the most important parts for your swap partner and there were many who were very disappointed that their partner did not do this.

2) You must not share your partner's address with anyone else-
The only two people who will ever see your full name and address will be myself and your partner. Under no circumstances are you to share that private information with any other blogger.

3) The spending limit will be  $20.00 (not including shipping) if you choose to spend more that is fine, but PLEASE do not be upset if your SSS partner does not. You can spend the money anyway you'd like by buying small gifts or one gift. The choice is yours. I have found that most people do enjoy several smaller packages to open as opposed to one, but the choice is yours.


4) When you're ready to ship your gift, make sure you buy delivery confirmation (DC). This will serve as proof that you actually did ship your gift to your partner, you will then need to email me the delivery confirmation number.

5)
a) In order to sign up you must leave a comment to this post and Be sure to link in at the bottom of the post using the linky as well. Complete linky in its entirety.

b) BUT ALSO you will need to email me. If you link in and do not email me the information I have asked for I will delete your link. I can not and will not try to hunt anyone down this year, I just don't have the time to do so.  You can click on the "contact me" on the right sidebar  with your shipping info-this will be the ONLY way I can be certain you want to be a part of the SSS.  PLEASE put SSS in your subject line and also include a link to your blog-obviously I don't know everyone's real names yet so it's helpful if you give me the name you post under along with your blog link. Once I receive your email with your shipping information, I will email you a short questionnaire that needs to be filled out and returned to me via email. This will give your swap partner some ideas of your likes, dislikes and so forth. **** If you are willing to be a Secret Santa to a international friend. Please let me know in the email with your shipping information. I really want to include international bloggers as well, so I need to make sure you would be willing to ship/swap with an international blogger.  Simply -  (I will exchange with a International friend) is enough to let me know you are willing to ship internationally.

6) You MUST ship by Dec 5th-feel free to get creative with your return address (remember, it is a Secret Santa exchange) while keeping in mind the rules and regs of USPS or your shipping carrier of choice

7) Probably the most important bit of 411-This is a SECRET Santa soiree so PLEASE do not share who your exchange partner is...you want to keep them guessing right?


*How to Participate*

In case you are still a lil bit confused, email me by clicking on the "contact me" button on my right sidebar  your shipping information. (include yes I will ship internationally or no thank you)  When you receive the questionnaire by email, complete and return as soon as possible the last day is Nov. 12. Check your email on or before November 13th for your swap partner and information.  Shop for your SSS partner and remember while you are out trying to find the perfect gift(s) your SSS partner is doing the same for you. Ship By Dec 5th-dont forget the DC, when your gift arrives BLOG about it, take pictures, let the whole blog-O-sphere know how much fun you had participating in The Secret Santa Soiree. 

Feel free to grab a button and link back to my blog to spread the word~ 





Please, please if you sign up make sure you are going to follow through. This is really a lot of fun during the holidays and once you commit to being a Secret Santa, make sure you will be able to follow through. It makes things a whole lot less stressful on myself and others. My time is VERY limited this year and I almost decided not to host due to the amount of time it takes to run this swap. If you'd like to help with any of this, let me know and we can maybe work together. That is not necessary, but thought I'd toss that out there.  I don't have the time this year to beg people to do what they agreed to do. Please make sure you are able to do this again this year and follow through with all that is required without me having to email about what needs to be done over and over. I know that sounds a bit gruff...but I don't mean it to come across that way. This is very time consuming and it can run rather smoothly if all do as asked!
 It just makes is a lot easier on everyone and no feelings are hurt!! Now.....Let The Fun Begin!!!









22 comments:

  1. I'm excited and look forward to participating. I hope I get all the rules right. This will be fun. Have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-I joined last year and enjoyed the S.S.Soiree so much! I am trying to get an email to you, but have a new computer update and it does things that I don't understand. When I click on your 'Contact Me' button I get a screen I've never seen before. I'll have to have my daughter and SIL help me with it. Hope I can understand what they tell me over the phone! Thanks for being our hostess again.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo! I am excited!
    I have never done one of these before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the SSS last year. Glad I decided to check out what was happening in Blogland today. Saw your post and decided I need to do it again. It was fun!

    ~Linnea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! Can't wait, I had a great SS last year. Let the season begin!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did the SSS last year and am excited to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne! This was great fun last year! I know I was blessed with two great partners, one whom I gifted and one who gifted me! Great fun! Off to em ail you now! Have a wonderful week! Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I done the SSS last year and enjoyed it and thrilled to do it again...yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first yeah with SSS, I live in France and hope at least one person will join from Europe or be willing to post internationally ;o) there may be some french influence in my gift lol..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzanne, I just linked to the SSS, I am very excited to be a part of this and I would be happy to ship internationally! I am also a new follower. I am having trouble contacting you through email though. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. I signed up - I had a lot of fun last year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to be in this swap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thinking about it just the other day!
    Thanks for hosting us all again.
    It was FUN last year.
    ~april

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm looking forward to participating again this year. I really enjoyed it last year. Thank you. I've sent an email with shipping info.

    Thank you again, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved doing this last year! Thank you so much for hosting it again,, Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never participated but look forward to doing so this year! It's always nice to give and receive just a little thing!

    Barb B.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I look forward to doing the swap again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to participate!! Being in SSS should be so fun! I love thinking about my partner already!! Linky filled out, e-mail to come!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry, I am running behind this year. Will try to follow your instructions. If I goof, it will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really enjoyed participating last year. I've already started shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I had so much fun putting this gift together. I do hope my partner enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...