Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Wooden Purse

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a really good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week. Lastly, if you link in, LINK back to my blog, so everyone can see all of the vintage goodies on display that day. If you don't link back here, they won't know who to visit......thanks so much.

FIRST: Secret Santa Soiree Update....I am still waiting on two people to respond to me with their questioner answers. NOTE....If you have not received an email from me, CHECK YOUR SPAM folder. I have emailed several times and sent just now sent another email from my personal email account in hopes that it will reach your inbox. Tomorrow, I will make swap assignments with or without these last two if need be. Please, if you have any questions, send me an email. If you'd like to check, I am missing participants # 21 and 13....check HERE to see if is you.

 For Vintage Thingie Thursday this week, I have this great vintage purse. It is fantastic in every way and reminds me of the purses my Auntie had back in the 1960's and 70's.



 It even came with the matching little card.


This purse was a local find at an estate sale....


Here are the details on the side of the wooden purse.





13 comments:

  1. What a sweet purse, it looks like it's in great condition too. Thanks so much for hosting Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne, I love those elaborate old purses. I've only found the colored plastic ones in that shape. Thanks for hosting.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just ADORE that find of yours - it is so whimsical and unique!

    I wonder if it was used as a toiletries/makeup carrier with that mirror on it?

    Definately would use as a purse though for sure, it's awesome.

    Thank you so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nostalgic post. I remember my mom and her friends have decoupaged hand bags like yours. Brings back many happy memories! Thank you.

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember these wooden box purses! My best friend had one and Ioved it! She had a lucite one, too. I hope she still has them, but I know they moved a lot, so the chances are not good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous purse. Lucky you being the proud new owner, it is so unusual and pretty.
    I'm not sure why I have had trouble loading on to your linky party again ? My photo's are big file sizes, that may make things harder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for fixing it up again. Better luck next week. It only seems to be with this linky party that I have troubles ? Technology can be so frustrating at times x

      Delete
  7. Suzanne,
    What a find!! I totally love that purse!!

    Thanks so much for hosting each week!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really neat unique piece. It looks a lot like a Christmas decorating piece. The little boy in blue looks like he's holding a holly sprig in his hand and the man with the white beard resembles a victorian Santa. Thanks for hosting it is so much fun to step back in time and look at all the different items.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful purse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool purse! I love the lucite handle.

    ReplyDelete

  11. I love the vintage wooden purses and still have one I sold my edid collins purses before I realized how collectiable they are today

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your purse is really neat. I have something similar in style, but the graphics are flat not dimensional. It also isn't a purse, but has the velvet-like lining with trim inside. I wonder where it came from?

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...