Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Daher Candy Tin

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday

If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a really good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week. Lastly, if you link in, LINK back to my blog, so everyone can see all of the vintage goodies on display that day. If you don't link back here, they won't know who to visit......thanks so much.

Several months ago I came across this tin. I was drawn to it because of the pretty flowers, but then something in the back of my memory kept telling me I had seen these types of tins before. Once I turned it over and looked at the price, I knew it was going home with me.


This is a Daher candy tin and the tin was made in England. I did a quick search online and remembered I had seen these on a blog a few years ago. I tell you I did not spend too much time looking at all the different tins that you can find online, this could be a "new collection" in no time at all.

I found this great article that talks about what to look for when collecting these candy tins and a little bit of history about the containers themselves. My favorite part is the beautiful floral decor and the adorable knob on top.


I really like the vintage photo element on the photo of this tin, really makes it feel more vintage to me!

Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday!! Have a wonderful week!





8 comments:

  1. I love pretty tin, like yours. I have a couple fo pretty tins from my Mil, that were once with oriental teas. Thank you for hosting sweet lady. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find and a Wow, do you have a knack for picking out the 'Right Stuff'. Now I gotta go see if the Tin I have filled with buttons is a Daher.
    Sue~CollectInTexasGal
    AtoZ LoneStar Quilting Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for hosting!! Just love that pretty tin!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a pretty tin, Suzanne. I had to go and check to see if any of my tins said Daher, but I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very pretty tin! Hope things are going well for you and thank you for hosting.

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tin in gorgeous! My sister found a very similar one at Goodwill last year. I believe hers was made in Sweden. Not the same brand but definitely beautiful and unique.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again. I just realized how perfectly your tin matches the design of your header and your vintage thingie button.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...