Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Treasures....of Various Sorts

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday

If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a really good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week. Lastly, if you link in, LINK back to my blog, so everyone can see all of the vintage goodies on display that day. If you don't link back here, they won't know who to visit......thanks so much.

I found a cute little tea towel not long ago and I love the feel of a french market this one has! I really can't claim to know much about this type of vintage linens, but I do know enough to know I think it is really cute!



Here is a close up of the street market on the towel, and if you look closely, you will notice the first name of the maker.......yes.....Suzanne......another plus!!


This week was Veteran's Day, and I posted a picture of my favorite Veteran, my grandfather with my grandmother on facebook. My grandfather was in the army during WWII and this photo is a very young papaw and memaw.  

The most extraordinary thing happened after I posted this photo. One of my memaw's nieces, whom I am friends with on facebook, tagged herself in this photo. I got a message from a second cousin of mine, her grandmother was my grandmother's sister, and I remember her will from childhood, she had seen the photo. Come to find out, she lives right down the road, nearby from where I live and I am thinking a reunion of all of the relatives living in the area is a must. I have discovered there are some living less than 15 miles from me and most likely have been all along. The internet is really a wonderful tool....and finding lost connections is really amazing.

Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday everyone!! Hope your week is going great and all is well in your neck of the woods!!






8 comments:

  1. Cute linen towel and with the name Suzanne it was meant to be yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful find, I love your finding relatives thanks to Internet and that lovely photo, and yes, do get together, you're all very close by! Thank you so much for the fun party.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne, how lovely that relatives are connecting based on you posting your grandparents (young) picture. Thanks for hosting.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE tea towels! They are so fun! And what great news about your family getting in contact. I got a message from an old friend on FB today I had lost touch with. Cool! Thanks for hosting!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne, Thank you so much for hosting this neat party. So glad you were able to reconnect with relatives. The internet IS good.
    xoGinger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely that you can get in touch with rellies from a little photo.It should be a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tea towel is wonderful. You're so lucky to have such a great photo of them, I only have individual shots of mine, but glad to have those! Thanks for hosting - Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Suzanne, I love the tea towel find. Imagine your name being on it. YAY!

    I love the story of your photo. The net is an awesome tool for so many things. Enjoy planning your reunion.

    Love, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...