Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Guest Writer #4

Welcome to Vintage Thingie Thursday. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Holiday if you are here in the USA. Happy Thanksgiving. This is my last installment for my thankful segment of Vintage Thingie Thursday in which I have highlighted all month several special people who are a treasure to me. I hope you have enjoyed the variation of VTT this month and looking at the lives of special people in my life.

This week, my guest writer is my mother, Patsy. I hope you enjoy the vintage pictures and the story she tells.

Words according to my mother, Patsy.

My daughter asked me to write something for Vintage Thingie Thursday. My thoughts on vintage are.....

Vintage means choice, excellent,outstandingly good of
its kind; of exceptional
merit, virtue,
priceless,
and invaluable.
Representative of or dating from a
long past.

I have two treasures that meet that definition - my two sisters, Joyce and LaVoice. Of course we are all vintage as all of our ages are in the 70's.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Joyce, Patsy & LaVoice
Both my sisters have been such a blessing and support to me all of my life and have always been there for me. I am thankful we have always been close. I was the youngest and Joyce my middle sister spent a lot of time with me when we were young. I think she thought I was her daughter. So during my early years, I developed a close relationship with her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Joyce, Patsy and LaVoice
As time goes by, changes come. I have had the opportunity in my latter years to get to know better and develop a close relationship with my older sister LaVoice. And that has been wonderful.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Joyce, Patsy & LaVoice
So, I have had the best of both times and I love both of my sisters dearly and am very thankful to have them. They will always be my dear beloved sisters, no matter what age we are.

***Did any of you notice that in all of these photos, that these three girls are situated in the same order? I just thought I would point that out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Joyce, LaVoice, Patsy and mother
Since it is November, Thanksgiving month, I want to acknowledge a big thank you in the memory of my mother. Unfortunately she passed away at the age of 54, but left a world of love to us girls.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ My mother, Thelma

Growing up, we never had much, but what we did have was love. Mother loved us, sacrificed for us, instilled character, honesty and moral values in all of us girls. My mother was a wonderful housekeeper, loved to decorate and was an excellent cook. She really instilled in me the love for Christmas. She would decorate with all the bright colored items we had and we always has a tree cut from the woods. We had little, but mother made Christmas special because she would always strive to do so.



Thelma, this is my mothers pin, this is very old. Thanks to LaVoice for providing this pin for a photo to be able to show this vintage treasure.

Thank you to the honor of my mother and to my two vintage treasures: my sisters, Joyce and LaVoice.


Thank you mom, for your memories from childhood and taking part in Vintage Thingie Thursday. My mom is a treasure herself, and is as unique as they come. A rare find. She is like her own mother in so many ways, most importantly, she has always been there for me and I know she loves me.


I hope you have had a good time this month reading about the treasures in my life. I enjoyed sharing these special people with all of you this month. They are all a blessing to me and I am thankful for each one.



To participate in Vintage Thingie Thursday, add your name to the link below and share your vintage treasures with us this week. Be sure to link back here to my blog for Vintage Thingie Thursday.


Reminder: Don't forget to click HERE to enter this weeks giveaway. Winner will be announced Saturday. Have a great week.

Click below to add your link....as you can see, I still do not have the other link I want to use installed....working on it!




20 comments:

  1. Who would have ever thought that I would be the subject on a "Vintage" blog. Age has it's advantages! Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post.. Your mother and her sister are treasures. Reminds me of my mom and her two sisters. And their mom, my Grandma, who is 98 and will be spending Thanksgiving with us. I went and did her hair for her today so she would look all pretty!!! Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay, you got it up early - thank youuuuuu :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to have your mother share these loving thoughts on your blog! Loved the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your mother's memories so much. What beautiful photos and what a treasure the name pin is. Most of all the love that you all share is priceless. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post your mom wrote, especially for Thanksgiving. I hope you have a wonderful day with all of your treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the memory back in time. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was the first thing I noticed...they were all in the same order in the pictures!

    Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures of my two sisters and our Mother. Brought back wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What would we do without our sisters and moms and grandmothers?

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very lovely. The photos are priceless...especially of you and your sisters. Being an only child, I appreciate those siblings who are close!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post! It brought back memories of the many times I sat and listened to my grandma, mum or dad talk about their early years. The B and W photos are treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I'm just doggone near boo-hooing after reading about your mom's sisters,but more- your mom's mom. How absolutely special that she treasures her as she does. I can only hope & prey that maybe our daughter will have similar feelings about me someday (she's 2 and my husband and I are 'older' first time parents.
    What a lovely blog your have. Yes, Texan here too. But, as my family has a place in CO, my heart is often here too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great tribute. I haven't participated in Vintage Thingie Thursday for awhile, but I intend to get back to it. I've got a lot of vintage thingies to share. When you are my age, everywhere I look there is something vintage - especially in the mirror.
    Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Patsy...that was delightful! By the way i love Thelma's pin :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've really enjoyed these posts, Suzanne. I can't even get my family to read mny blog and yours will author a post! :) Your mom did a wonderful job. And, she reminded me I have a pin like that (it says Mother) Excuse me while I go look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, my grandma had one of those pins - I was always intrigued by it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are very blessed to be close to your sisters and have had a good Mom!

    I have 5 sisters and only speak to 1. I sometimes sit and think about how it should be...and its quite sad.

    I love that pin of your moms name...what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...