Thursday, November 6, 2008

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Aprons and a Guest Writer

This month I will be participating in Vintage Thingie Thursday hosted by The Apron Queen like I always do. However, I am putting my own spin on it this month.

Each week I will have a guest writer who will highlight and showcase their vintage things and treasures. Each week I will feature someone I am most thankful for and what better month to highlight that sentiment than the month of November.
I hope you enjoy these guest writers throughout the month. I am sure some days you will be rather entertained.

Remember, these are not MY post and not MY words and not MY vintage things....only the people are MY treasures. Grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and enjoy the adventure.

This week: Let me introduce my daughter, Alisha.
Alisha is a junior at the University of North Texas. She is smart, funny and a great joy in my life. I am very grateful to have such a wonderful daughter. I think she looks rather cute modeling her aprons.

This apron was my first one. I got it for Christmas from Coloradolady :)
It has red and white polka dot Dotted Swiss fabric. It is also my favorite because of the martini glass! :)

Here is a close-up of the cute little martini glass.

This one is cute with the red and white ribbon. Perfect for rolling out a batch of cookies!

The fabric design is just as cute as the red and white ribbons.

I just love the swirl design on this apron! I think I have a thing for red aprons!

Look how cute the swirls are in the closeup.

This apron is cute because of all the stitch work. It looks like I am all ready to cook! And if by cooking you mean heating a pizza in the oven.. that's me! But at least I will look cute doing it in my apron! :o)

I just LOVE vintage aprons!

19 comments:

  1. That personality shines right through the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful aprons as is the model :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter seems like a lot of fun! I love her aprons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous aprons! My favorite is the red with white rick rack swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them and your daughter is so cute modeling them. I love her facial expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. by the way, mom.. did i leave that white head band at the house?! i cant fnid it here in denton!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little aprons and cute girl, too! Is she going to be a model?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omigosh, adorable! And the aprons are cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how cute! All of her aprons are just the cats meow.
    What a very sweet daughter she seems to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cute aprons on a very cute girl. I like the fruit one. What great stitch work. Nothing wrong with the red ones, I just love the fruit. I am a fruity person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another "Apron Queen" has arrived on the scene. Way to go Alisha girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alisha-Thanks for sharing your aprons-they are adorable. I think my favorite is the red and white ric rac one. You got Vintage Guest Writer off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a very nice collection of vintage aprons. The embroidered one and the red with white swirls are my favorites.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, love that vintage apron! Alisha looks so cute modeling them all for you!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute idea! A beautiful daughter with amazing aprons! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can your daughter come over and model my aprons now? What a fun post! And, I love the stitching on the fruit apron.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely aprons !!! make u realy go in kitchen and make some delicacies :)

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...