Sunday, March 22, 2009

Signs of Spring & Pay it Forward Update

My Wisteria is in full bloom, I love the blooms in the Spring...speaking of Spring...I am beginning to see signs of spring everyday more and more. Even in the weather forecast with spring rain and possible storms in the forecast for the week. Let's not talk about that.....


Last week, I received my pay it forward gift in the mail from Elizabeth at Thoughts of an Evil Over Lord. Was I ever excited when I opened the package and saw this adorable Spring garland and lovely handmade note cards from Elizabeth.

I decided to hang this adorable garland over my computer. Not only does it remind me of spring in the air, but also this has a double meaning for me....Bloom.....inside and out.

I have been struggling lately with some issues, one that has really has been a focus of my attention is the fact I sorta feel like I have lost myself somewhere along the way. No...I don't mean I am lost physically...it's just seems that over the years it is almost like I no longer see the real me, but someone else. My life has been filled with so much junk for years that my real self was lost somewhere in this shell of a person.

Life can be a struggle, especially trying to please everyone and trying to be what the people around you want you to be. You can easily lose oneself. I am ridding myself from the junk....slowly but surely....and I am re finding my real self....and it is a good feeling.....

I want to thank Elizabeth for this wonderful garland. I know you had no idea when you made this for me that it would soon be my new mantra....Bloom....just as the flowers bloom in the spring time, I know my real self is blooming once again, slowly but surely. And that is a real joy.

* * * The winner of my Birthday giveaway is:
comment Number 4: Kelli

Please email me at my blog email address, I don't think you have a blog yourself and I can not email you without you contacting me first. Congratulations!

17 comments:

  1. That is an awesome garland. And I love the bit of the picture I see hanging above it. Hang in there! You'll find yourself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think as we get older we all find at one time or another we have to stop and find the person we used to be, I believe as we try to be all things to everyone we lose who we really are. I have been going through much the same thing and I am slowing digging the real me, the true me out. I have sadly had to rid myself of a lot of baggage. Hope you find the real you soon and bloom like the new spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Banner girl...and remember "If God brought you to it...he'll bring you through it"...just my 2 cents..and with today market prices it isn't even worth that...Have a great Monday dear friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Kelli for winning your giveaway!

    I love your pretty garland, Suzanne! The feelings your describe are very common with women, I think. I know that with my being a stay-at-home mom for the past 17 years, I sometimes feel like I'm someone's mom and wife...but, who am I REALLY? I'm sure that one day I'll have the time to search for the answer to that question, but for now, my focus has to be on raising my girls. Best of luck on your quest to rediscovering yourself! Sending you hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, Suzanne!!! Your mention of needing to find yourself again is something I've gone through myself...it happened when I moved from Michigan to Illinois. In Michigan, I knew who I was, who my friends were, who my support group was. When I moved to Illinois, I knew no one, and got busy arranging the house we rented, finding shopping places, meeting new people - - - a huge task. I was also struggling with issues that come with a bad marriage, which ultimately could not be saved. Too bad it took 15 years for me to find Me again, which was 9 yrs after my divorce. Since then, I have met and married Mr. Wonderful, who was kind, patient, and understanding enough of my past to work with me in finding a new direction, and I am ever so grateful - to him, and to God who is so good to us in our times of need. You will get things figured out, and hopefully sooner than I did. We all have our own unique circumstances. **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth is a special lady; I'm glad you got her gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SPIT OUT THE PITS AND LIFE'S A BOWL OF CHERRIES.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that you are feeling more like yourself. I look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand your feelings right now. I am 48 years old and I am still trying to figure out what it is I am supposed to be doing. My boys are growing up and I am finding life as a stay at home mom very interesting.
    Just thought I would let you know that you are not alone.
    Bless ya,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad the banner inspired you, Suzanne. I think everyone has these feelings when they stop and look at their lives. Did I ever think I'd be "disabled" at 40 and home alone all the time? Is that who I am? I don't feel like that person!
    I also think that more sunshine and nice weather will perk things up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely gift. We should all bloom.

    It might seem odd but I take comfort that you ponder about where you are and who you are because I do this all the time. And I thought maybe I was a odd duck because of it but when you hear other women say what is on your heart in words that could be your own then you feel connected and not odd at all. Thank you for your post.

    Have a Marvelous Monday
    from the Raggedy Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww Suzanne...I am sending you a big hug! You are a wonderful, loving, caring, giving person...that's who you are...and maybe you need to turn some of that loving, caring & giving to yourself...Your banner is so cute & I'm glad it makes you smile...it made me smile too. Congrats to Kelli for winning your giveaway!
    Hugs, ;-) Bo

    ReplyDelete
  13. . . . and bloom you will! "With God, all things are possible"!

    I'm jealous of your wisteria - I won't see mine for a few more months.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your wisteria and your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on winning that banner, and how great that it was "on point" for your life. Sometimes I think that "who I am" changes almost weekly. It is so difficult to not worry about "pleasing all of the people all of the time", but I try to remember the quote that if I am me (no matter who that is), those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. God is with you on your journey. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am trying to find me too! It is hard...I did the contentment therapy in November and it did wonders for me!!!!
    I want a wisteria so bad...but they don't live here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also love the garland. It's so spring! Life can be very frustrating at times. I have been shedding my 'junk' for a couple of years now, and your right, it feels good. I think you will find as you let go you will feel better and better.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...