Wednesday, March 25, 2009

URGENT: Pray for Stellen

Prayers for Stellan

If you’ve been reading here awhile, you know about MckMama and her little boy, Stellan. We all kept watch together last October when he was born – healthy – despite the fact that he almost died when she was pregnant with him. And despite the fact that doctors were thinking immediate surgery would be necessary when he was born.

I have been following her blog this week and to summerize what has happened, I copied a post from Gitz blog below...but today, Stellen has taken a turn for the worse....Please take a minute and pray for Stellen and his family and the Dr.'s who are trying to save his life. He is just a precious little boy and needs all the prayers he can get.


He had a condition called SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) that kept his heart rate way too high, but he hadn’t had any reoccurrences since he was born… until now. Stellan had a bad cold, and when they took him into the ER his oxygen levels were low so they had to give him a nebulizer treatment. Nebs can often make your heart race and it flipped him back into SVT, with his little heart beating around 290 to 300 beats/minute.

They’ve tried many medications to regulate his heart, some that actually stop his heart in the hope that it will go into a regular rhythm when it restarts. It works for awhile, but then it bounces back up to the high rhythm, and his blood pressure isn’t regulating either.

They are having a hard time with IVs, so they may need to do a central line, and the pediatric cardiologists have big treatment decisions to make. I’m praying for Stellan and his parents, but also for the doctors, nurses and staff that will be treating him. I’m praying that they have the knowledge, compassion and skill to pull him through this.

I’d really appreciate it if you’d all say prayers for him. There are so many of us that have fallen in love with this little guy… You can follow along on McMamma's blog by clicking the blog button on my sidebar or the top picture that says Pray for Stellen at the top of my post.

17 comments:

  1. Praying for this precious angel.

    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - prayers promised. Such a sweet one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with him, his parents, doctors and nurses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne~
    I knew about the situation already, so consider it done! God bless that sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers Heaven bound for this little Angel, his parents and the Dr. keep us informed as to how he's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Suzanne for telling us about this precious child, Stellen.
    Our Heavenly Father will be hearing many, many prayers from Blogland now...including mine. Bo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't have to ask, cause I'm on it already. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for his parents. This breaks my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, How heartbreaking! I will start saying prayers right away. Thank you for spreading the word. I believe nothing is more powerful than prayer ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will keep this little one in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am and will continue to pray for Stellar, his family and the Doctors.
    Thanks for keeping us updated on him.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I meant Stellen. type-0
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just said a prayer for this little fella and his loved ones. Thank you for telling us...without knowing, we don't know to pray. You have helped him very much by getting more prayers sent up for him. Thank you.
    I'll see you in the morning for VINTAGE....
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! Sweet little boy. I'll be saying prayers for him tonight.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Said a prayer for this precious little one, his mom and dad and the doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not sure when you put up your Mr. Linky..I have already posted mine for Thurs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many days and he's in trouble still... makes my heart so heavy for them.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...