Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sometimes You Have to Take the Bull by the Horns

And I don't mean that literally.....taking the bull by the horns...but you will see what I mean.

When I started my blog last year, I never realized how much fun, joy, and entertainment I would get out of blogging. Likewise, I did not realize that some of my older relatives would get just as much joy out of reading my blog and yours too. However, they have been on the outside looking in for nearly a year now, and I thought it was time to do something about it.


I have mentioned before to my aunt and mom that they needed a blog. They are both seventy-ish and think I am crazy. I have gotten every excuse imaginable....I don't have anything to say...I am not a writer...I don't know how to do that....nobody would want to read what I had to say....I can not take pictures....on and on. I always replied with yes you can. I told them if I could figure this out on my own, then they could learn this too with my help. Still...after all my gentle nudging...I had no takers.


I decided to do something about that! I got the idea if I took the time to build them their very own blog, they would walk through the door of blog land and stop peeking in the window.

Let me introduce you to my Aunt Lavoice's new blog....Click Here to have a peek. My aunt posted a post today, it is her first one. Please stop by and leave her a comment to welcome her.

My aunt is a wonderful gardener, her yard in the summer is a showcase on our side of town. People are always stopping in front of her yard to comment on her beautiful flowers. She also collects antiques and has lots of vintage things. She also has weekly visits with her great grandson, and what better writing material is that? I know she will be a wonderful contributor to blog land.

Let me introduce you to Patsy, my mom's blog.....Click Here to have a visit. My mom has not took the step to post yet, but there is a test post there, so you can leave a word of encouragement in your comment to nudge her along.

My mom is an eclectic type of gal. She does a little bit of everything. She loves decorating at her church for functions and always does a wonderful job. She is always planning something for her ladies meeting, and she just does not realize she has lots to share. She is a avid snowman collector....she could write a book about that alone! She likes to travel with her friends and she has more stories to tell, she just needs a little nudge

Please take a moment to stop by and welcome these two seventy-ish ladies to blog land and offer a bit of encouragement. Maybe if they hear that all of us struggled with the same issues at first they will have their confidence built up and not feel so intimidated.

Thanks in advance everyone...I knew I could count on you to welcome them and make them feel welcome here in blog land.

16 comments:

  1. I'll be happy to, Suzanne...I'm on my way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did it..i was 1st one for both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure will Suzanne, what these 70ish ladies don't realize they have so much to offer us. So much info and knowledge. So many tales of days gone by....Hope they both will join in with us.
    \Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping in to say hi! I have not had much time to do any visiting but I am on my way back! :) I will stop in to visit your mom and aunt also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanted to come by and thank you for the sweet note that you left me. The first mural is my own...lol thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is so cute! :) I will stop by and check them out. As you may know, my mom started a blog a few months ago. And six other of my family members! We almost have a monopoly, LOL! It has been such a great way for us to all keep abreast of each other's adventures, whether with horses or grand kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog and my mom's blog today! Hope your mom and aunt have fun blogging!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that it is so great that you set up their blogs for them! (they both look so inviting!)

    And now that they have both made that big leap of their first post, I'm almost sure that they will keep it up. It is rather addicting! lol

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Suzanne! Oh how fun that you got your mom & aunt to jump into this great big blog puddle...LOL...I like your thought about me being LUCKY in Cripple Creek...I want a diagram of your fav machines...haha. I read about all of your pretty new flowers & I'll bet your yard is beautiful!
    ;-) Bo

    ReplyDelete
  10. As soon as I leave this comment, I'll go visit.

    BTW: I "do" my husband's once-a-week golf blog. Pay him a visit, please.

    golfingismygame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was fun reading what they had to say - I remember being unsure of what to type too, but they will do just fine - it's easy to tell! Bless you for getting them going!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you for giving them that nudge.

    I started about a year ago too, and I had no idea what blogging would become for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm on my way to their blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks to my cousin who is trying to keep this family up to date with technology...we will all be very entertained with my grandma and aunt's new blogs. Thanks Suzanne for all your hard work and I look forward to viewing your blog as well as the sisters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I appreciate your confidence. Will see how long I last.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...