Monday, April 13, 2009

For 59 years and counting....A Celebration!

Today 59 years ago, my sweet Aunt Joyce and her handsome groom, my Uncle Hank exchanged wedding vows...they vowed to Love, Honor and Cherish each other in good times and bad. Well, 59 years later, they are still together and are the most important person in each others lives. If you have been following my blog, my Aunt Joyce wrote a guest post for VTT back in November, if you missed it, click HERE to see her wonderful treasures.

I have no doubt, that the road has not always been an easy one. But together it was.. for better or for the worse...And I am sure if someone would have shown the following solution to my dear Uncle 59 years ago...it would have been a whole lot better and a whole lot less worse!


Don't worry, I don't think I will offend my dear Aunt Joyce, because you see we are two peas in a pod - cut from the same cloth, you might say. ~ And I can safely say, without a doubt, my Steve sure wishes that there was a seat belt wide enough to cover my mouth too when he drives. And I am sure he thinks things would be a lot better and a little less worse if this was possible! ~ Just saying'!!



So today, after 59 years of marriage I felt it was important to wish a Happy Anniversary to two very important and special people in my life! I love you guys with all of my heart. May you be blessed with many more to come! Please, along with myself, wish this special couple a very Happy Anniversary in my comment section!

Aunt Joyce and Uncle Hank, whatever your plans are today, I hope it is as special as the two of you!

15 comments:

  1. A hearty congratulations and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased I dropped by in time to add my good wishes to your Aunty Joyce and Uncle Hank. What a wonderful thing in this day of easy marriage/divorce to find such a commitment! What a privilege to grow old together. I lost my husband five years ago after 31 years of marriage and my greatest regret is that we will not be able to share our slower, mellower years together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...59 years of marriage is quite an accomplishment! I wish them both a very Happy Anniversary and many more years of wedded bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a milestone accomplishment! Congrats to them!!! And many more years of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice tribute. May they have many more years together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. Please wish them a very happy anniversary, from me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am NOT showing that seatbelt joke to my hubby...I wouldn't want to give him any ideas! Congrats to the happy couple of 59 years...what an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nice wish for a special couple, with a good chuckle thrown in--this is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Uncle Hank and Aunt Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a milestone! Congratulations to your Aunt Joyce and Uncle Hank...

    ....don't worry, I think my husband would say the same about that cartoon....his driving does cause a few arguments now and again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely post and Congratulations to your Aunt and Uncle.

    Have A Marvelous Monday
    from Roberta Anne
    "The Raggedy Girl"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how sweet....Happy Anniversary to your precious Aunt & Uncle...may they enjoy many many more to come...and I don't dare let Bill see that cartoon..He might get ideas!!!! lol lol Hope you had a great Easter Weekend sweetie and an even great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing Aunt Joyce and Uncle Hank a wonderful anniversary celebration. Congratulations!

    Loved the cartoon, but I'm not showing that to my husband. It would think it was a great idea! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I happened across your blog from....wherewherewhere....Oh. Pioneer Woman. I love your blog decor. I had to laugh at the man/woman/seatbelt picture. I've seen that with my daughter/son-in-law......only it's the other way around. Drives me crazy. And I'm in the back seat. Thanks for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was enjoyed by all,and was fitting.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...