Wednesday, November 4, 2009

VINTAGE THINGIES THURSDAY: Vintage Pink Rose Delights


Welcome to this weeks segment of Vintage Thingies Thursday. Thursday is the day to showcase your vintage treasures and to share your special things with everyone. If you are visiting and would like to join us, please do. It is very easy!
To participate, all you have to do is:

* * * * * * * Please everyone, follow these guidelines!

(1) do a post about something vintage.
(2) Visit all the participates and leave a comment.
(3) Link in with the link at the bottom of this post, please use a perma-link to link in with, that way, anyone can refer back to your post if they can not get to it on Thursday.
(4) Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, and if you like include the VTT button in your post. Please be sure to have your post up before linking in.

I decided to show you some really sweet rose pattern treasures that I have picked up here and there. There really is no rhyme or reason to my purchases, if I see something I like, well, that is all it takes, it comes home with me.


This little shoe was sitting on a shelf at Goodwill. I love the little roses on the shoe itself, so dainty looking. I especially love the lacy top of the shoe and the little flowers that are on the lace. Very delicate looking. This was a $1.00 bargain.

Here is the bottom stamp of this little rose decorated shoe.

This little trinket plate was found at a hole in the wall thrift store. I had never been inside this store before, but one afternoon, decided to have a look around. This measures about 3 inches wide, small and dainty....and had a small price too.... 25 cents.

Here is the mark on the back of the little dish. I looked this mark up on ebay, and there were several pieces with hefty prices on them, but they were much larger pieces than this one. I don't know how much it actually is worth, but I love it....and loved the price.

This set of four little rosy dishes are quiet small...see the penny, wanted you to see in retrospect how small they are. These are very delicate, you can feel how delicate and fragile the china is, these are just precious to me....estate sale find...$2.00.

Here is the up close to show you the details of the little roses...so sweet.

and this is the back of the little dishes.....I was going to try and research these markings, but I have Jury Duty on Wed (today) and my work schedule changed on Tues, so I am frantically trying to get a post scheduled and up because...well with Jury Duty, you just don't ever know.....if I am late visiting each one of you this week, it is because I am doing my civic duty....and not happy about it!

Have a great week everyone.....as always thanks for your love and support.....enjoy your fall weekend.


40 comments:

  1. Ugh, jury duty! What a pain in the you know what! I hope it's just a one day deal for you, and it doesn't turn into something longer.
    I love all of your rosy things today, especially the one with the flower basket, and those little dishes are just darling!
    Happy VTT, and thanks for being our hostess!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great finds....I've heard that NIPPON means "made in Japan" but only before they started printing MADE IN JAPAN on things, so this is probably very old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are pretty dishes. I wonder what the little ones are for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little dishes. I always fall for pink & flowers.

    Suzanne I've been reading your posts so I know that you are busy but in today's post I nominated you for an award...because I like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what sweet little treasures..LOVE 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that shoe; you could put pens in it, or a tiny plant.

    I see you're a SS, too. Don't forget all the items I have in my shop under $8.00 that would be cute gifts, and I could ship them for you directly so she receives more than 1 package.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely pieces. And what bargain prices! I love to find treasures like that :-) You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a good citizen! It is a pain but usually interesting. Your plates are so delicate and pretty. A great find. The shoe is very nice too! Thanks for hosting VTT especially while you are so cramped for time. It is such a fun thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you did good on these finds. I like all of them, but the shoe is my favorite. Life is too short and you are too busy. You need to slow down and smell the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm back again after a two week hiatus. Sometimes I just get too busy to meet myself coming and going.

    I LOVE the little things you posted this week. Wonder of those four little delicate rose dishes are salt sellers? And the fine china shoe! I have a little china shoe I've shown before - - - I'm sure I'll get back to it for a Sunday Rerun since it comes with a great little story.

    Happy VTT!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little shoe!! I would have snatched that up!! What a deal on that and the plates. I am not too much of a vintagy collector but these pieces could make me a convert!!

    Sorry about the jury duty...

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo, I love all your pretty things..that little shoe is so sweet and the ting plates are wonderful. Happy VTT...

    ReplyDelete
  13. All is beautiful, but that little shoe would have had to go home with me if I'd seen it first.... :) :)
    I'm not necessarily a shoe kinda girl, but I do like that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The little plates with the roses are just lovely. So tiny...but so sweet. I wonder if they were for condiments? I think you should put a small piece of chocolate on them and place them on top of your plate when you set the table...wouldn't that be fun? a plate for your piece of chocolate.

    On second thought...I know you are trying to lose weight (as am I) and so maybe you could put a cherry tomato on them? ha. sorry.

    I have to tell you that I love that you are sharing your weight loss journey. Very motivating to me. Thank you!

    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always liked Jury Duty - but the first part, when you have to attend 'the pickins', that part is boring. Once you are selected, I find it very interesting!!! Love your goodies pictured today - the shoe is wonderfully sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those ARE some delightful rose thingies. I've never seen a shoe like that. So glad you are doing your civic duty - even if it is under protest! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Suzanne,

    I love all your little finds. The little butter pat dishes are so cute! I have several different sets of the little dishes like that. I use them for bone dishes, butter pats or teabag and spoon rests. But, I think they are originally used for butter pats at each place setting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The four little rosy dishes are my absolute favourites! I think they are cake plates for diet ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What pretty rose patterned dishes you have shared with us today. I really like the Bristol Garden plate.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pieces, Suzanne, the shoe is my favorite though I would have had to buy it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the trinket dish! I'm just like you; there is no rhyme or reason to the things I buy. I just like it and want it!

    Jury duty? Oh dear...I guess it's interesting but time consuming. Go forth with your civic duty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So delicate yet they lasted this long!
    I love participating in VTT! Thank you for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Don't you just love good will~ Lovely lovely. Your things are so sweet and lovely... And they are the kinds of things people toss and junk. makes me so sad

    ReplyDelete
  24. I missed you guys last week! I am back in this week, though, and so excited to see that gorgeous boot that you have up there!!!! HOLY CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful plates! Tiny things are fun! If the shoe fits, wear it! It's so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Suzanne.. my oh my.. what great find and so pretty! and handpainted! I am envy green here! hehehe

    seriously I miss you & your meme.. will try to join your meme next week..

    till then, take care & have a good weekend too!

    xoxo
    fitty

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Suzanne, so nice to be back. What is it with shoes that draws us to such a functional piece of clothing. My mother collected shoes both porcelain and the ones for her feet.
    And jury duty--brings fond memories of when I served--actually enjoyed it:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jury Duty...oh man I had it once and didnt enjoy myself but it was my civic duty i suppose...

    You found some more awesome lil treasures

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the little dishes! Great finds and great prices.
    Kathy
    ps I've never been called for jury duty and I know people who've gotten multiple calls. Don't understand it really.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful blog, Suzanne - I'm so pleased to find your treasures!! Thanks for the invitation, and I'll be back to read more, in a bit . .!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Suzanne,

    I love your pretty plates so dainty. the first one is beautiful! I believe they are individual butter pat plates. I picked up a few of them too, here and there. Good luck with jury duty, hope it doesn't last too long.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy VTT everyone. I'm beginning to love these pink roses I'm seeing here.....

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your little butter pats. I have a few of those myself. They work perfect under a pepper mill. Sorry about the jury duty, but think of it this way, if you were being wrongfully accused, wouldn't you want people like you on the jury? See ya' Lane

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you so much for the information about my Homer Laughlin bowl--I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Just love to see pretty things! It is so good that you showed all marks as collectors always want to know those things. I have some shoes in French faïence, so that one interested me the most. The Quimper Club website may show some shoes in the future. We have a wide variety of things that are collected in faïence. Thanks..this was great!

    ReplyDelete
  36. You are such an inspiration...and a great asset to the blogging community....I check on you each day, but hardly leave a comment, but I am here reading your words and cheering you on....thanks for being such a REAL person that is very easy for me to relate to...your little rose things are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Cute dishes and dainty little shoe. The little dishes could of belonged to a set of china and held a pat or so of butter.

    ReplyDelete
  38. These have the prettiest pink markings! Such lovely vintage thingys as always!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...