Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Welcome to this weeks segment of Vintage Thingies Thursday. Thursday is the day to showcase your vintage treasures and to share your special things with everyone. If you are visiting and would like to join us, please do. It is very easy!
To participate, all you have to do is:
* * * * * * * Please everyone, follow these guidelines!
(1) do a post about something vintage.
(2) Visit all the participates and leave a comment.
(3) Link in with the link at the bottom of this post, please use a perma-link to link in with, that way, anyone can refer back to your post if they can not get to it on Thursday.
(4) Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, and if you like include the VTT button in your post. Please be sure to have your post up before linking in.
****** Thank you Elizabeth for pointing out the fact that November 20th is my anniversary for one year hosting Vintage Thingies Thursday.....it slipped my mind....I took over VTT from Lisa, The Apron Queen when her life took her in a different direction, and had to give up blogging....this day was just too good to let go that easy, so I took it over.....thank you girls for your support over the last year and for showing up each and every week.....and Thanks Elizabeth....for keeping me up to date......I really appreciate it!!!
This week, I have some really neat bowls that I came across at out local Goodwill a few weeks ago. I loved the design and the pattern and of course, I knew they were old, so I loved that about them.
Too bad I did not have a whole set....the looks sort Thanksgiving-y to me......but I do love the color. I got 5 bowls for $2.00....bargain.
Here is the marking on the back of the bowl. If you look closely, you can see the crazing in the ironstone....love that too!
This one is displayed on top of my cabinet in the laundry room, and I have the others tucked away in a safe place!!
I hope everyone has a great holiday week ahead....I will have a Vintage Thingies post up for Thanksgiving....I am sure most of you will by busy, but some of us...well....we are creatures of habit and will show up! I am listing my holiday plan on Friday, with a few healthy recipes....if you care to take a peek! Have a great Vintage Thursday everyone!!!