Friday, March 11, 2011

Five Minute Friday: I feel the most loved when…

Today I'm linking up to Lisa-Jo aka the gypsy mama, who chooses a topic every Friday and writes for five minutes.

Only five minutes
And the rule is that whatever you write about in that five minutes is what you posts. No editing your thoughts. Today, her topic choice is "I feel the most loved when...."

Ready. Set. Go......

Man. This topic had my head spinning. What to say? What to not say? So....forget the thought process, and just say what pops in my head!

I feel the most loved when..... out of the blue, my daughter who does not live at home any more, will send me a text message saying "miss you" or "love you". It is a feeling of being needed and loved like nothing can compare  to. I am so thankful to be important enough, or loved enough for her to let me know she loves me. My son has his own way of letting me know how much he cares. He is the one who seems to always know when to call and just say "what's up". He makes my heart smile by just being himself. He has a heart of gold. And he loves with his whole heart. No mistaken the love from him.

I feel the most loved when.....the man I married almost 25 years ago does small things that are so random and out of the blue, but knowing he thought of me while doing it. The most recent prime example would be on a normal run to our local dump, to take off brush and trash he came home with a box of treasures. Homar Laughlin dishes someone had discarded. Knowing my love for all antique dishes,  he felt sure I'd be thrilled with this box. He really surprised me, because he always comments on my habit of collecting dishes and how many I actually have. But when he walked in the house, smiling that knowing smile, that he had a real prize to present to me, was a moment I won't soon forget. For me, I feel the most loved in the simplest of things from the one who knows me best.

I feel the most loved when.....my three precious pups greet me at the door, begging for me to pick them up. They patiently wait with tails wagging, happy and thrilled to see me. There is no comparison as to have one of them lay their head on my shoulder and give a little sigh of contentment. Talk about feeling loved beyond measure. No matter my mood, no matter how I feel, no matter that I am not always at my best, my 3 dogs do not care, the love me no matter what is not right in my world. It is a good feeling.

My family....my pets.....they make my world a sunny place. It is good to feel loved on any measure.

12 comments:

  1. Awww love it all!!! I love the little things in life they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from Lisa-Jo's place! I love this post--it really gave me the essence of your family. Sounds like you've got an awesome husband and some great kids. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet and thoughful post. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUch a sweet gesture from your beloved. It's these moments that mean so much more than candy or flowers on a certain day because the rest of the world is celebrating love on that one day.

    I'm a new follower, please stop by and return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting you from 5 min Fri. I laughed. I have "dish issues" too. I have a hubs who finds silver for me and makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just remember everyone is not always as out pouring of their feelings as others. Just because you are not told daily that you are loved, does not mean you are not. Actions often speak louder than words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from Lisa Jo's. You seem to have a terrific family. That's awesome. You are a blessed woman!
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  8. i liked that you included the pups in this one... when i got to the end of my five minutes and realized i hadn't mentioned riley, i was afraid he'd revolt :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. a beautiful post Suzanne, straight from the heart. thank you for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...