Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One Fine Blessing: Cards for Seniors: April Birthdays

March is indeed going out like a lion, and we are very close to the first of April. How in the world did that happen?

I'd like to share with you a couple of Birthday request for April. I will email those who signed up at onefineblessing (at) yahoo (dot) com. But I am hoping there are a few who maybe did not know what to do, so this will make it easier.

The first one, is a request I found while blog hopping. Blackberry Creek home and arts had this request for Birthday cards to be sent to Edna, who has cerebral palsy. Please stop off and visit her post. She shows this lovely lady, and all her cards from last year. I know we can top last years card count. BUT YOU HAVE TO HURRY, her Birthday is April 2 which is fast approaching. I am mailing mine out today. Please take a moment and if you find it in your heart, drop one in the mail too. Such a small gesture, which has a large impact.

Mail cards to:

Ms Edna Quick
P.O. Box 94
Lumber Bridge, NC 28357

There is also a second birthday for a senior this month as well.

Helen will be turning 93 on April 27th. She is recovering from breast cancer surgery but is doing really well. At the present time, she is in a rehab facility until she is well enough to be on her own again. We certainly need to send well wished and encouraging words her way. If you'd like to include a dollar in her Birthday card, that would be great.

Mail cards to Helen at:

Helen Gulickson
c/o Mary Jo Mrdutt - (this is Helen's daughter)
1474 Center Street
Boyceville, WI 54725

I'd like to thank so many ahead of time, because I know many will love this idea and send a card. Remember, if you want to add someone you know to the list, please email me at the above email address for this project.

Together, we can be a blessing to one person at a time.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the addresses. I will send the first card out tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had emails on this endeavor. I seriously can not believe no one has committed to sending a card? Really. A CARD? I can hardly believe it. Makes me think I was right to think all the do-goodie blogs out here are all fake. Or self absorbed for sure.

    I am sending a card and emailing you for future addresses. I don't have a BLOG, but I read them. I have to say, you always seem to be as sweet as your writing. No fake stuff here that I have ever seen. Kuddos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can count me in on sending a card to them Suzanne! I think it is a great thing to do!

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll send out a card tomorrow to the lady in NC and one in to the April birthday lady also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting cards out tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up Suzanne!
    God Bless you.

    Lots of love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am excited to be a part of the card sending....and good wishes! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine are ready to go! Thanks Suzanne for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...