Friday, March 18, 2011

Five Minute Friday: " On waiting............."

Today I'm linking up to Lisa-Jo aka the gypsy mama, who chooses a topic every Friday and writes for five minutes.

Only five minutes
And the rule is that whatever you write about in that five minutes is what you posts. No editing your thoughts. Today, her topic choice is "On waiting......."

Ready. Set. Go......

If one word could some up what I think most people rely on in life, it would be waiting. In my own life, I know that is true to the very core. I wonder why that is?

Every where you look, it seems someone is waiting for something or a confirmation about something before moving forward. In thinking about this for only a couple of seconds, in my own life this is true too. I have heard myself say countless of times, "when I lose weight", "when I feel better", "when we have more money",
"waiting on vacation, to enjoy life and rest", "when, when, when....wait, wait, wait".......and in all honesty, the when never happens, but the wait has become a crutch to actually stop an action. True.

Think about it, I know several people, and I have to include myself in this one who have literally "waited" most of their lives for better times, better jobs, better everything to come and it just does not. The reason is not that it was not attainable, or deserved, but the simple act of staying in the waiting mode left them in limbo and nothing ever changed or became different.

I think it is time to stop waiting and start doing. If only a small step in the direction you are wanting to go. I guess I am speaking to myself here the most. There are appropriate times for being patient and waiting on something to change or be different, but if you are feeling like that is all you ever do, is wait.....well.... Think about it......the waiting needs to be over, it should be time  to "do" something to set your life in motion once again. "Hear that self?"

Wow....that was a quick 5 minutes this week! Have a great weekend....do something.....don't wait on it!!!

9 comments:

  1. You're so right! waiting can so easily become a crutch, and what's sneaky about it is it's a crutch disguised as a virtue - patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to fill 5 minutes. Cute post and a good challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good reminder! Thanks!

    ~Linnea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that was 5 minutes well spent. I think we get stuck in waiting mode and it just becomes a habit. A bad one at that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 5 minute writing. Very good! Seems I've spent half my life waiting for something.:))

    Not sure about that house fabric...if I see any more, I'll try to find out the maker and let you know.
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  6. You write wonderfully. I am glad I stopped by. Blessings to you sweet lady! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. But, wait... Just kidding. I feel you on this one. Unfortunately, sometimes, I just have to get up off my duff and act. That's what I'm doing now. Hopefully, the next 5 minute topic will be on fear? Fear of doing, maybe? Lane

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...