Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Start Spending: Good Advice

Someone special sent me this the other day, very good. Thought I'd pass it on!!

*************************************************

Imagine that you had won the following prize in a contest: Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400.00 in your private account for your use.

However, this prize has rules, just as any game has certain rules.



The first set of rules would be:

Everything that you didn't spend during each day would be taken away from you.

You may not simply transfer money into some other account. You may only spend it.

Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400.00 for that day.

The second set of rules:

The bank can end the game without warning; at any time it can say, it’s over, the game is over! It can close the account and you will not receive a new one.

What would you personally do?

You would buy anything and everything you wanted right? Not only for yourself, but for all people you love, right? Even for people you don't know, because you couldn't possibly spend it all on yourself, right? You would try to spend every cent, and use it all, right?


ACTUALLY This GAME is REALITY!

Each of us is in possession of such a magical bank. We just can't seem to see it.

The MAGICAL BANK is TIME!


Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life, and when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is NOT credited to us.

What we haven't lived up that day is forever lost.

Yesterday is forever gone.

Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time....WITHOUT WARNING.

SO, what will YOU do with your 86,400 seconds?

Those seconds are worth so much more than the same amount in dollars.


Think about that, and always think of this:

Enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than you think.

So take care of yourself, be happy, love deeply and enjoy life!

Here's wishing you a wonderful and beautiful day.

Start spending.




11 comments:

  1. This is great, Suzanne! I waste so much time these days and reading this really got me thinking. Thank you! And one thing I am going to finally get to is making you a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I fill every one of those seconds but in reality I probably waste a few here and there . Im going to try and cram some more fun into that 86,000 odd seconds though.

    Great post Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice....I am one of those people who can't just sit...always have to be doing something..but now thinking about what I do

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sure does wake me up with my coffee. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post and a great reminder to how precious time really is. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this Suzanne, we ALL need a reminder of the wonderful gift that time is to us.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne,

    This was really a wake up call. Thanks for sharing this!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. wELL DANG IT, YOU HAD ME ALL EXCITED ABOUT THE MONEY THEN WENT ALL MUSHY ON ME.... LOL JK, I AM THANKFUL FOR MY SECONDS. AS I LAYED IN BED YESTERDAY AND SUNDAY, I KEEP TELLING MYSELF REST, EVERYTHING ELSE CAN'T WAIT, SUCH A HARD THING FOR ME TO DO, SLEEP AWAY PRECIOUS TIME BUT SOMETIMES YOUR BODY JUST HAS TO REST.
    LOVE YOUR BLOGS.
    PHYLLIS

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know how I feel about life. We have to have money to survive, but it is the root of too much evil. I would trade everything I have to keep good health, be able to see the sunshine, and just living the best I can each day. Life is much too short to do otherwise. I love life and living. Anything I cannot control, I throw it in the trash. You are much too talented and smart to not use it to "LIVE".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks ~ I really needed to be reminded!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...